Ooh! Ooh! Bill Nye for Grownups!

Freakin’ sweet, baby!

Naturally, my local PBS station probably won’t be carrying it.

You need to move to Georgia dude!
We got like 12 stations playing it!

Sweet!

BILL BILL BILL

Bill Nye the Science Guy

BILL BILL BILL

It’s like Bullshit but without the swearing.

Tomorrow at 7:30, check.

You mean the orignal Bill Nye wasn’t for grown ups?

Huh…

And also without the a-holery, don’t forget that particular virtue!

I’ve watched all the little blurbs on the site and the “race” and “antibiotic” ones are my faves.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for this. I’ve been a Nye fan since “Almost Live”.

Fixed eyesofnye link. :wink:

While I welcome Mr. Nye’s crusade against ignorance – hey, Bullshit! without the swearing is almost as good as Bullshit! with the swearing – I have to confess that Beakman is funnier. :smiley:

At one of those virtual roller coaster at Disney World, Bill Nye hosts the creation process (the part where you create the coaster you want to ride), only he calls himself “Bill Nye, The Coaster Guy.”

I thought it was funny.

He’s also done some shows on NASA TV. Personally, I think that they should make him their first “Teacher in Space.”

^ Now that you mention it, I just remembered that he was also on the show BattleBots as an analyzer or something.

I saw this advertised a couple of days ago. I’ll be watching. About 15 years ago, long before I knew who he was, Bill Nye came in and did a science presentation for my elementary school class. Once I got old enough to stay up and watch Almost Live I saw a Bill Nye segment and it took me a while to figure out why he looked familiar.

I’m not surprised it’s not on in Chicago. I guess I have to console myself with watching Bill in “100 Greatest Discoveries” on Discovery HD Theater.

Um. Last time they tried that, it didn’t work out so well.

Our PBS station isn’t carrying it either. :frowning:

Perhaps I will write to them.

Well, I think they’ve gotten some the kinks worked out since then.

I just e-mail the Nashville NPT station.

Asked em about Nye.
Will report back as needed.

Depends what you mean by “original”. As gatapescado mentioned, Nye was on a local, Seattle sketch-comedy show before he went national. He did Science Guy type stuff, somewhat geared to adults, and was in other sketches. You haven’t lived 'til you’ve seen him as Speed Walker, the superhero who fights crime while adhering to the rules of the international race-walking federation. Heel, toe. Heel, toe!

(remembering Columbia) I wouldn’t bank on it. :frowning:

I’m a Seattle resident and I remember him from way back. In fact, a few years ago, I answered phones during one of the public-TV station’s fund drives, and Nye came into the studio for a couple of hours to do some promotional stand-ups in front of the camera. I got to talk to him for a while.

Well, I didn’t actually get to talk to him. I shook his hand and said hello.

Well, actually, mostly I just waved at him from across the room.

Okay, okay. I leaped over a desk, tried to take a souvenir bite out of his arm, and was dragged weeping from the studio.

But it counts!

If you’ve paid any attention to the details of the coming launch of the Discovery, you’d know that the odds of another Columbia or Challenger style disaster is pretty slim.