Blue Oyster Cult questions

Weird. Last night, I was rummaging through some old boxes in my junk room and found six Blue Oyster Cult cassettes. This is surprising for two reasons: one, I didn’t usually buy pre-recorded cassettes because the sound was usually crappy, and two, I never thought of myself as a BOC fan. Be that as it may, while listening to *Some Enchanted Evening * at the office while I was supposed to be working, a couple of questions occurred to me:

1. Why is there an umlaut over the O in Blue Oyster Cult? Does it really serve any kind of purpose or did some album cover designer just decide that it would look cool?

2. In “Godzilla,” what is the guy speaking in Japanese saying?

Does anybody know?

It’s a heavy metal umlaut.

“Attention. Attention. Godzilla is entering the Ginza area. Evacuate immediately. Evacuate immediately!”

Bonus answers:
3. It’s Steven King who does the spoken word intro on the promo only single remalke of Astronomy (from Imaginos):

4. It’s the Patti Smith who sings background vocals and does the spoken word intro on Agents of Fortune’s track #5 ‘The Revenge of Vera Gemini’

5. In the SDMB 6@6 Blue Oyster Cult Poll from August 2002 - These were Doper’s faves:

1st Place: (Don’t Fear) The Reaper - 7 Votes

2nd Place (Tie): Burnin’ For You - 4 Votes
2nd Place (Tie): Godzilla - 4 Votes
2nd Place (Tie): The Revenge Of Vera Gemini - 4 Votes

3rd Place (Tie): Cities On Flame With Rock-N-Roll- 3 Votes
3rd Place (Tie): Dominance and Submission- 3 Votes
3rd Place (Tie): Then Came the Last Days of May- 3 Votes
3rd Place (Tie): Veteran Of The Psychic Wars - 3 Votes