Good Whistling songs

I’m posting a thread that I have a feeling will die a quick, but painless death, but, I’ll give it a shot anyway.

What are some good songs that either feature whistling, or that you like to whistle (as oppose to sing or hum)?

For good songs with whistling in them
Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay by Odis Redding
Daydream by Lovin’ Spoonful
Winds of change - The Scorpions
and
Patience by Guns 'N Roses

So, what do you have to add to the list?

I like to whistle The Ode to Joy from Beethoven’s Ninth.

I’m not sure I do justice to it, of course…

In my dreams. Now, though, my mind is beginning to overflow with whistling tunes.

I recognize Master Control’s first two songs only. (Perhaps I can live a while longer before hearing the other two.) In return…

“A Whistling Tune”, “Whistling In The Dark”, and you too can search for such titles.

“I Was Kaiser Bill’s Batman”
and
“Colonel Bogey March”.

Just be careful.

The theme song of the “Andy Griffith Show”

And just about anything by Leroy Anderson.

My own favorite song to whistle is the theme from Disney’s “Robin Hood”, also turned into that annoying Hamsterdance song.

Dee da dee da dee da doh doh
Dee da dee dee doh!

Great song!

The theme to The Garry Shandling Show.

‘Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.’

Just thought of a couple more.
The theme to The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
And I just remembered the episodes of the Simpons where they Homer and Lisa hear the song from the Egyptian egg, but afterwards, Homer whistles the Old Spice theme.

Hey, I got a song, that, while containing no whistling, is a good song to whistle. But I shouldn’t share because people will be ticked off at me because they won’t be able to get it out of their heads.

Oh hell, I was whistling that a couple of days ago, I can’t believe I forgot about it.

Here’s two:

“Jealous Guy” by John Lennon
“Golden Years” by David Bowie

I’d love to hear a well-whistled rendition of “Bugler’s Holiday”.
Also “Saber Dance” and “Flight of the Bumble Bee”.

Whether or not he ever drew it, I can imagine a Gary Larson cartoon where The Lone Ranger is riding to the rescue while the “William Tell Overture” is whistled.

The piccolo part to “The Stars and Stripes Forever” by J.P. Sousa.

The theme from Sanford and Son.

One time a NCO I work with came into the office and said “I was walking down the hallway, whistling that song, and the major said 'Stop it, or I’ll have that running through my head all day.”

So half of our shop went down the hall, intending to whistle it as we passed his office, when the major came around the corner. We just cracked up.

Two more.
(Self to brain: “Please give it a rest.”)…

“Ue O Muite Aruko”, AKA “I Look Up When I Walk” AKA “Sukiyaki” by Kyu Sakamoto

And who among you has been on a flight where the pilot whistled the theme to “The High and the Mighty”?

“My Cherie Amour” There’s a street performer around my office who can whistle this with harmony. I’m not quite that talented.

–Cliffy

I dig the whistling bits in Billy Joel’s The Stranger. But I won’t sing that song at karaoke, because I can’t reproduce it.

And yes, I do know that from humiliating experience.

“The Poor People of Paris” by Les Baxter and his orchestra (1956).

There were at least three “whistling songs” I associate with that period:

Lisbon Antigua
Moritat (later better known as Mack The Knife)
Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White

and now that they’re finally releasing the movie to DVD:

The High and The Mighty

Does anybody remember an old radio drama called The Whistler? That was one weird tune to try to whistle. I keep trying to find a website that traffics in Old Time Radio that might have the tune itself. So far, no luck,