Joke with punchline: "what do you mean we, whiteman"

This is the latest place I saw this. What was the original joke with the punch line “what do you mean ‘we’ white man”?

IIRC, it was a Lone Ranger/Tonto joke.

That link didn’t work for me. The version I’ve heard runs along the lines of:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto are riding along, when suddenly the horizon fills with thousands of screaming indians on the warpath. TLR says, “Well, this doesn’t look good. I don’t think we’re gonna make it out of this alive.”

Tonto gives the punchline.

I heard it in the early 80s, the version I heard was that the Lone Ranger and Tonto were ambushed by Indians. Lone Ranger turns to Tonto and says “looks like we’re in trouble here”. Tonto says “What mean we, white man?”

Whether original or not I can’t say for sure. But I heard it first as a Lone Ranger and Tonto joke. Tonto allows the line to Lone after they find themselves surrounded by a large number of Native Americans wishing them ill.

Super simulpost in utter agreement. When did that happen last?

Wow, that was fast. You know, I’ve always wondered about the origin of "the whole nine… :slight_smile:

I always liked a modified version of the punchline: “What’s this ‘we’ shit, Kemosabe?”

A cartoon version of this appeared in “Mad Magazine” in the early 60s, and, IIRC, it was already a well known joke by then.

I heard the joke with “paleface” instead of “white man” and I think the former term is funnier, given the context.

You’re thinking of the song “Rio” by Duran Duran.

But the punchline, “You’re gonna die Lone Ranger!, sobbed Tonto” goes with a funnier joke. :slight_smile:

Is that the one where the Lone Ranger got bit by a snake?

I heard it with 2 soldiers in the field and the punch line was; “The medic says you gonna die!”

Yep. :slight_smile:

How about LR to Silver: "Bring the posse you idiot, the posse!

Okay, here’s one. I heard it years ago, in my teens, and thought it was pretty funny. I’ve since forgotten how the joke goes, but I remember the punchline.

“Silly rabbi, kicks are for trigs!”

“What do you want Tonto for anyway?”

“To perform an unnatural act.”

“What?”

“You heard me: to perform an unnatural act.”

“The Mask Man is a fag! God-damn! The Mask Man is a fag! The masked Fag Man! Oh, Lord! I’m getting dizzy … .”

Yjere was a group of people called the Trids who lived at the base of a mountain. A giant lived at the top of the mountain Every time one of the Trids went up the mountain, the giant would kick him down before he even got halfway. The Trids sought out the wisest amn in the community, the rabbi in the local Jewish community. The rabbi headed up the mountain, and came faxf to face with the giant. He asked why he hadn’t been kickd down the mountian yet. The giant replied…
That joke is long, long way to go for precious f*cking little. It’s like walking a mile for a goddam camel.

Well, I usually just ride the camel into town.

A variation of the OP:

Igors were loyal, but they were not stupid. A job was a job. When an employer had no further use for your services, for example because he’d just been staked through the heart by a crowd of angry villagers, it was time to move on before they decided that you ought to be on the next stake. An Igor soon learned a secret way out of any castle and where to stash an overnight bag. In the words of one of the founding Igors: “We belong dead? Excuthe me? Where doth it thay ‘we’?”
–Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

I’ve always heard the punchline as “What do you mean ‘we,’ Kemosabe?”