50 Greatest Straight Dope Rants

Best of lists are everywhere- whether for greatest films, greatest songs, greatest stand-ups, greatest tv moments, or VH1 productions on everything from greatest one-hit wonders to 50 greatest bowel movements of the pop stars. Okay, I made that last one up, but barely; these lists are legion.

Thus, I feel SD should have some of our ‘best of’ lists. I know of the bookmarked threads that are selected for the main page of SD, so that’s kind’ve a best of list… But, my list is more specific: The 50 Greatest SD Rants of all time.

The rules are that it must conform to a ‘rant’ as defined by common sense, that it can be on any topic, it can be honestly-angry or surreally so, it can appear in any forum (although the majority will probably be in Pit or GD), it does not have to be the full part of a post or thread (it can just be a ranting paragraph in an otherwise calm post/OP/thread), and that we vote on them democratically at the end.

An obvious contender for first place would be I Burning Your Dog, a surreal rant to say the least that has had a lasting impression. I have read it, and I even know that it was posted in August of 03, but I can’t friggin find it. Link? I’m so ashamed…

Another one I like: Sampiro’s rant How can religious people know so damned little about their religion? Amen- great topic, meaningful rant, well done. He ends with:

I’ll wait until much later until I start nominating some of my own. :smiley:

The Telemarketer Speaks. I respond.

Instant classic.

The rock in the box: I burning your dog.

Robin

Another Bathroom Etiquette Memo: Do you have a prehensile rectum?

The OP is a good rant. but post 27 is probably the best single post ever on the SDMB.

An honorary Pit post even though posted in GQ: How to Kill Evil Nazi Groundhogs

This one’s definitely worth a read: Fuck you, you motherfucking slimy excuse for a uterus

My favorite of my own rants (it’s not bad form to do that, right?): People in subways moving with the alacrity of enheroinated cows

Walmartians

Well, it’s my best: Dear Euro-turds

In the “Surreally angry” category:The Horror of Blimps.

One of the best posts ever – maybe not heavy on the anger, but it was posted in the Pit, so it’s under there somewhere.

Insurance for the cataclysmically stupid, by Dante.

That was so funny. I laughed out loud so much, my wife kept bugging me about what I was reading. I had to send the link over. She is now reading aloud making it nearly impossible to type.

Suck it down, you drunken bitch!. Definitely in the ‘honestly angry’ camp.

I need a shower. And some Pepto Bismol.

My personal favorite.

Yeah, that one’s a beauty.

If we ever find a way to convert rage into electricity, that OP could power the Eastern seabord for a month.

I’ve heard this referenced in other threads, but this is the first time I’ve actually read it. Brilliant.

Not an angry rant, but some great sarcasm in I stood next to the Emperor of the World at McDonald’s!

Oh fuck, I started bookmarking a couple of these, but screw it, I’m bookmarkikng THIS thread so I have them all when I need to vent by proxy…

Holy crap how did I miss that one?! “Butter churn?” Wow. Just wow.

Oh my effin’ word.

These were all before my time as a Doper , and they are freakin’ HILARIOUS ! I am bookmarking too. Keep 'em coming !