50 Greatest Straight Dope Rants

WOO! I am masturbating like a motherfuck!

Not necessarily the greatest thread out there, but definitely one of the greatest thread titles.

I think Maud’dib’s early volley in the direction of a mod deserves an honourable mention.

You’ve come a long way, beenie-baby. :smiley:

Woo! Muad’Dib simulpost. (That’s one of my favourite threads, ever.)

Sampiro’s Woman behold thy daughter, daughter thy mother, & BOTH OF YOU LOSE MY NUMBER! has to be the most hilarious.

Askia’s H.P. Lovecraft Was A Racist, or Blake, you condescending Junior-Modding twit deserves an honourable mention for sheer invectiveness.

lno’s My Rage Burns With The Fire of A Million Suns is hall of fame material. Note especially the part about Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis. Still cracks me up even after all this time!

Master Wang-Ka had a run in with some Jehovah’s Witnesses

Dante’s Tales of the Sweaty, Feculent Herd still makes me glad I don’t have to use mass transit.

Here’s one of mine. It’s a pretty good one. Someone made a posting in GQ about John Kerry’s war record. Being a Dubya-bashing Bay Stater, I rushed right in to defend John and bash Dubya. (see posting #4)

Well, it seems my zealous statements made me receive perhaps what was the most serious warning from a moderator ever. (see posting #14)
If that wasn’t bad enough, my remarks had so derailed the discussion that everybody jumped on the “Let’s Bash-Dubya” bandwagon, prompting the moderator to warn five other posters. (See posting #25) Luckily I learned my lesson from the first warning and I was not one of the ones listed in posting #25.

I was really surprised that my remark had touched off a lot of emotions and sent the discussion into a train wreck. This was not my intention nor was it my intention to get 5 addtonal SDMB members in trouble. I’m amazed the thread wasn’t locked.

I’ve made postings (rants?) that were much more emotional, spiteful, bitter, etc but I think this deserves to be in the Top 50 as an example of being very careful of what you post - and what not to post.

Dare I invoke the name ofJack Dean Tyler’s wreck or any of the spin offs?

Howabout the humor of I met the Lowest Common Denominator at Winn-Dixie! or

i forgot aobut that one!!

what a gem, is Euthanasiast still around?

Still around, and still posting.

Yep!

What kind of an attention whore do you have to be to reference your own rant in a greatest rants thread? Shameful, I say. :dubious:

I dunno, what are the available kinds of attention whores? I didn’t know we had to self-categorize!

A recent Euthanasiast gem:

Remembrance of Things ‘Passed’

You had me at Reeses feces.
I hadn’t read this one before, but I have to say I might love it even more than the thousand suns one, which is *way * better than the blimp one.

Yes, this rant is way, way better than the blimp one. Blasphemous, I know, but The Horror of Blimps doesn’t even allude to a gorgonzola and cat shit sandwich.

“download a brownload” indeed.

Ah, ‘Rage’ is one of my favorites, along with Sue Duhnym’s:

So I was sucking my husband’s dick…

That’s some good stuff.

::adds to bookmarks then backs up bookmark file::

andrewdt85, we’re not quite to 50, but it looks to me like you’ve been more successful than others at compiling an all-time best list. I’ve seen most of these before, but it’s so much fun to re-read them. Congrats!

GT

I was just thinking about that one! Duck lips!

Yes! I KNOW her husband blew his brains out! So the fuck what!? is another great one by Sampiro.