Women, how many times have you been asked out

What is your age and how many times have you been asked out? In the other thread on asking men out several of the women said they’d only been asked out a few times. So I am wondering what you’re experiences are in this subject.

Four times that I remember.

The first time, it was some guy in high school. I think his name was Nathan. I turned him down, 'cause I was a freshman, and I didn’t feel like dating. And he was kinda “off.”

The second time, it wasn’t being asked out so much as, “do you want to start going out?” This was my ex asking, of course, towards the middle of my junior year. A wacky on-again, off-again relationship ensued that eventually became committed.

The third time was after my ex and I had broken up. It was this weird guy who wore a kilt. I married that one. :slight_smile: He called me the day after we met, and scheduled a date. It was the only real “date” that I’ve ever been on.

The last one was about six months ago in Wal-Mart. I was idly browsing the movie section at about 12 AM, when this guy comes up and tries a really lame come-on line. I declined politely, what with the being married and all.

Not all that often, really. Maybe ten times in total. Oddly, much more since I’ve become attached.

I’m in my mid-twenties, and have been asked out eight times; I actually went on dates with the six who didn’t completely creep me out. That’s significantly more than most of my friends, although we all rely on blind dates for most of our dating lives. Of course, I’m dating among the Bizarro-World of Orthodox Judaism, so our experiences ain’t exactly typical.

Wow, I really don’t know.

I get asked out pretty regularly by random dudes (often creepy and even more often they are denied). I would say I get asked out once or twice a week at minimum.

And now I sound like a bitch. :slight_smile:

Oh, I’m a 19 year old college student.

thinks

Never. At least nothing more than a lets hang out type thing that sometimes led to more, or being propositioned. Never been on a date either.

I work in a bar. I get asked out several times a shift by men so drunk they sometimes call me “blondie” (I’ve got long dark hair). I get marriage proposals shouted out at me from across the bar about once a week from guys who look about thirty seconds away from tossing their cookies/passing out/being smacked on the head by their girlfriends. So, I’ve got that going for me.

But as for sober guys and gals serious about a romantic date (not just hanging out) and possible future dates? Maybe a dozen or so, ever. I ended a three-year relationship recently, so I turned down offers during that time, and I’ve been taking things slow lately, and allowing my friends to set me up on blind dates. So date offers I’ve taken up? Probably three or four. I’m a university student in my early twenties, btw.

It depends on what you mean by “asked out.” Because there’s “Say, can I have your phone number?/Want to see a wanky art-house film tomorrow night? and then we can insert our tongues in each other’s mouths.”

And then there’s random guys learing, walking over and then thinking, Hey, where’d that girl at the deserted train station go? Anyone would think she thought I was a scary freak who wanted to kidnap her and keep her in my basement, when all I wanted to do was ask her out after getting her to help move my groceries into the back of my unmarked white van!

The former, maybe 8 times. The later…virtually every time I catch public transport after 11pm. I’m 24.

24 also, and experiencing the same phenomenon. I don’t count random guys asking me how old I am or if I “have a boyfriend” as I pass them on the street. I’ve been asked out sincerely many times. Maybe 20 times. I don’t think I’m gorgeous or even out-of-the-ordinary pretty, just very approachable. And I make friends with guys pretty easily. Ironically, I’ve only ever seriously dated one guy–my husband.

I’m 29. And if you mean directly asked out…well, let’s think.

Not more than 4-5, I think…I don’t frequent bars, which I guess is the biggest place for these sorts of things. And I can come off as unapproachable sometimes.