help me ID this vague quote?

This line popped into my head yesterday while I was writing, and I’m almost completely sure that I’ve heard or read a variant of it somewhere, but I’m not sure where, and I don’t have the exact words pat enough to find it on google apparently. So please, dopers help, before I go out of my mind!!

“If you ever left me, I’d follow you… and as for me, I’d just as soon not go anywhere.”

It was in the context of a couple and commitment… probably in response to the other person expressing fears about drifting apart or some such.

Does it sound familiar at all? Can someone help with the source?

anyone? anyone? Bueler??

:frowning:

There’s a Mental as Anything song called “If you Leave Me, Can I Come too?” off the great Cats and Dogs album.

The chorus starts:

If you leave me, can I come too?
We could always stay
But if you leave me, can I come too?
And if you go, can I come too?

I’d say it is from comedy series Mad About You . Paul (Paul Reiser) says that line to Jamie (Helen Hunt). I remember it as:

“If you ever left me, I’d follow you. And me, I’m not going anywhere”

Does that sound familiar?

Yeah, that sounds about right, thanks GT. I was wondering about MAY when I was trying to find it on my own, but wasn’t sure enough, and I still can’t find any references on google.

Any notions where in the series it might have been… early years or later seasons, that kind of thing?? :wink:

It’s been a while since I last watched MAY, so can’t really remember… it could have been that season finale where Paul and Jamie are almost cheat on each other. Season 4, perhaps?