Schick Personal Touch razor discontinued

I’ve had my Personal Touch since I was 13. It’s just been discontinued. I am disgruntled.

It was just the best razor out there. It had the multiple blades and the aloe–and the reusable handle–but none of this swively-head, wires-over-the-blades NONSENSE that every other refillable razor for women seems to have, now.

Can anyone please, please point me in the direction of a satisfactory replacement? I’ve been trying to use a Schick Silk Effects and I just hate it. I can’t get a close shave at all.

Men’s razors. They work soooo much better and never have any of that wire crap. I use the Mach 3.

hmmmm

I’m a big fan of Venus. The blades are expensive but they seem to last forever. No aloe strip tho.

Don’t like Venus. Don’t like swively heads. I want to be able to control where the blade goes.

Discontinued? :eek:

<Steriotypical Movie Scream>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
</SMS>

The handle is nearly perfect for my hand: large enough so I can grip it comfortably, small enough so that I can hold it in a non-awkward position. sniff sniff

I guess I’ll have to buy up as many of the refills as I can and start hunting.

…unless perhaps a refill from another blade will fit? I’ll have to start checking in to that.

<< Manual? We’ve just been pushing buttons until it works. >>

I second the Mach 3. Wonderful razor for women. The swively head is not uncontrollable like I had assumed.

If you are at all interested, the Gillette Sensor 3 has an even less swively head than the Mach 3

I just found out today that the personal touch razor was discontinued. Like you, I’ve had mine forever and love it, so of course Schick would get rid of it. I went on their web couldn’t find any info about it. I was in Walmart today and then Rite-Aid, but what I saw in their selection just looked to circusy for what I need. That was the beauty of the Person Touch - it was very basic, but did a fabulous job. I did find blades for sale through Amazon from one of their online stores called The Razor Store. Eventually I will be out of options, but at least there are still blades available through online stores until I find something else suitable or Schick comes to their senses. Good Luck in your hunt.

Yeah, but the head is a little narrow for efficiently shaving legs.

Try the Schick Intuition.

It’s been six years, but Sattua’s still around. Maybe she’ll come in and give us an update.

Okay, that was weird. I totally just read the OP and didn’t realize that I WAS THE OP OMG!!!

I suffered a lot of years using a Venus razor with the most standard blades I could buy. I never liked it much. Recently though I discovered the disposable Venus razors. They give a great shave without wires or too much swively nonsense. Try 'em.

Ya know, the replacement blades for my beloved Schick Quattro seem to be either discontinued or not carried at my store anymore, so I decided to try the disposable Venus razors. Apparently, I am slightly razor disabled because they tend to give me razor burn and not really get a very close shave. I was hoping there would be an intense discussion of some fancy new thing that will work just great for me, but no.

Upon preview, I googled and discovered that I just need to go to a different store. Apparently, Walgreens carries the Quattro blades I’m after. Stupid Publix…

It’s no 6 year gap but this thread’s a bit zombie-flavored; I got a great deal on Schick blades that I didn’t recognize (how do you turn down 4 refills for .79??) figuring since between my husband and I we have every razor handle known to modern man, I would have one that fit these ‘Personal Touch’ refills.
HA It is to laugh. I do not.

Anyone want them? I’ll happily shove them in a puffy, prepaid SASE for you.

Nawth Chucka, You have “personal touch” replacement blades???!!! Can I Please have them???

Where do I send the SASE? My address is P.O. Box 2684 South Padre Island, TX 78597. I will happily pay you - more than .79;)

I have had my Personal Touch for 20 years!!! I love it. I can’t believe it has lasted so long. I bought this razor in college, but now I share it with my husband and teen son. I used to buy the Personal Touch because it was inexpensive. Who knew it would last so long. Now I just can’t find a razor that I like. I could buy P.T. refills at Walmart till last year. I stocked up on the refills, but now I’ve run out:(

Thanks!
Faith B.

Hey Faith! What’s an email address I can reach you and we’ll exchange info? (If you want to create a Gmail just for this, I won’t be offended.) I was reminded of the blades again today when I saw that Noxzema’s entered the game w/ a razor that pivots; they have a 2 blade version that looks similar to the PT. I saw them at Walgreens.

W00T! I started a double-zombie!

Unfortunately I threw away my PT handle years ago. I guess IslaTex gets the blades.

Thanks Nawth Chucka!!

Please contact me at bugbog@mac.com.

You made my day. But now I’m going to have to shave once a month so I don’t wear out those precious blades too fast:)

And you have mail!
I’ve seen on here and other places there are things you can do to extend the life of blades, like wipe them dry w/ a cloth after every use and never use them on dry skin.

Get yourself a vintage Lady Gillette safety razor. They can easily be found on eBay.

I’m a guy and I use a vintage Gillette Super Speed on face. It puts any of the disposable or cartridge razor trash you can buy today to shame. Plus blades are waaaaaay easier on the wallet.