the Reese Witherspoon appreciation thread (possible spoilers)

I just double featured a couple of her early movies and you can really see that she has great ability and range, just impressive. Fans of Ms witherspoon who haven’t seen

Man in the Moon

or

Freeway

should really check them out. Be warned however, these movies have nothing in common with each other, I can imagine a lot of people that like one not liking the other. I like them both, but they don’t call me the outlier for nothing.

tell us about your favorite Reese flicks

I liked them both as well. I first saw Freeway when it premiered as an HBO original. I didn’t know who Witherspoon was for several years after that. She really hit it out of the park with Freeway; that may have been her best role. The other “didn’t know her at the time” from that flick was Brittany Murphy, who also did a great job.

If you’re digging Reese’s early work, you might be interested in Twilight. I don’t remember her acting in that one, but her tits were fantastic. heh.

She’s an amazingly gifted actor, and there’s nothing she’s done that I didn’t like.

One of my favorite movies of all time is Election. She was Tracey Flick.

I thought she was great in both Freeway and The Election and should have got Oscar noms for those original characters and challenging roles.

I thought her role as June Carter-Cash was just meh and never understood why it would even be considered for an Oscar. (play the wife/girlfriend of a musician who got too much too fast then crashed and burned. been there, seen that, only like 100 times before.)

Freeway is one of the all time great movies and performances, and ditto her nude scene in the sadly obscure Twilight- one of the best nude scenes, ever. You could literally be flippling through channels, happen upon the beginning of that scene, start your dirty business and finish before the scene ends, its that lengthy. Nothing like perky 20 year old tits. :slight_smile:

I first noticed her 15 years ago when she played Oliver Reed’s child-bride in the miniseries, Return to Lonesome Dove.

I like her acting but I can’t understand how she seems to have become this decade’s touchstone for Beautiful Blonde Hollywood Starlet. That distinction properly belongs to Kirsten Dunst.

:eek:

But her teeth

Anyhoo, I like Witherspoon a lot, too. Legally Blonde is one of my favorite movies, and it would have been unwatchable with someone else playing the lead.

Sir, you and I must meet upon the field of honour. Bring your sword. (I’ll bring my rocket launcher.)

The Man in The Moon was the first film that i saw her in. for being so young she had so much talent. I think her character in Penelope also showed her range.

I’m with you. Kirstin Dunst needs orthodontics.

I’d give up bread for Reese.

It’s because Reese is a genuinly wonderful person, something rare in Hollywood these days. Being nice and easy to work with gets you far. (Nothing against Kirsten Dunst, she might be perfectly lovely too. I just know that Reese’s personality is a lot of why she does better than some of her equally talanted peers.)

Interesting. I heard she was being difficult to work with while filming Four Christmases with Vince Vaughn. Vince is very laid back and easy going on the set while she has become somewhat snobby since she won her Oscar and expected everyone to act as professional as she was.

That is interesting. Might be she is getting more uptight as her career gets bigger.

I heard the same thing, but I don’t think Reese has become a snob. She’s always been very Type A personality, professional on set, super organized. I can see how that would clash with Vince Vaughn as he is probably the kind of guy who is always horsing around on set. But it’s just who she is, not a result of winning an Oscar.

I can imagine how someone who cares about their acting and being professional might clash with a drunken lout, sure.

Never too uptight for nudity, I should hope! (Hey, if Lindsay Lohan can build her cred that way . . .)

I’ve heard otherwise. I know someone who used to work in casting that hates her. She was acting like a bitch well before she got big.

Still, she’s a terrific actress. I first saw her in Man in the Moon too. Loved he r(and the movie).