I Love To See You In a Movie, But You Can NOT Act

Bruce Cambell, I Love To See You In a Movie, But You Can NOT Act.

James Remar, I Love To See You In a Movie, But You Can NOT Act.

Elliot Gould, I Love To See You In a Movie, But You Can NOT Act.

Treat Williams, I Love To See You In a Movie, But You Can NOT Act.

Any More? Any good reasons as to why people seem to like particular bad actors? Or how these people keep getting work?

Hayden Christensen, I love to see you in a movie, but you cannot act your way out of a paper bag. (You were surprising in Shattered Glass, though.)

Jessica Alba- I want to see you naked in a movie, but you can’t act.

Hey, Bruce Campbell is a great actor! He just does physical comedy better than anything else. :stuck_out_tongue:

Charles Bronson
Clint Eastwood, up to and including Firefox. After that, he got pretty good at playing cantankerous old people. Does that actually count as acting, though?

REally? I thought it was just an average Woody Allen impression. YMMV, I guess…

Bruce Campbell, I do not want to see you in a movie; I want to see you every week in Burn Notice.

Pierce Broslin.

James Franco, I love to see you in a movie (especially Sonny) but while you can act you inexplicably usually choose not to.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
But I guess there’s a whole series of people in the group of ‘not even theoretically an actor but their appearance in a movie added something’, so it’s probably not worth listing them all.

I mix these non actors up

Zooey Deshanel. She is a pretty girl who comes from a film family. But goddess bless her, she has the range of a jelly donut.

I disagree with some of these (have you seen Bruce Campbell in Bubba-Ho-Tep?), but the story that stands out in my mind I can’t recall where I read this, but apparently Leo Gorcey, best known as “Spit” in Dead End and as a Dead End Kid/East Side Kid/Bowery Boy after that was acting in some film (Out of the Fog?) and was called aside by the director, who chewed him out because he “couldn’t act”.
If true, it’s a shame, because in Dead End and the early film he could act. Maybe it was a bad day, or a bad set of circumstances.

I disagree with Elliott Gould and Treat Williams.

Gould was terrific in MAS*H and Bugsy. Williams showed range in the widely different roles he played in The Late Shift and Things To Do In Denver When You’re Dead.

I really don’t think he was surprising in Shattered Glass. He acted exactly the same way he acted in Star Wars: whiny. Only in Shattered Glass, he was supposed to be acting whiny, so it worked.

Justin Timberlake!!! I love him but I hate when he acts

Holy poop, How could I forget?

Bill Paxton, My Heart Leaps With Joy To See You Show up in a Movie, But Man… You Can NOT Act.
Unless every director you’ve ever worked with has asked you to act like Bill Paxton.
Ok, I’ll give you Near Dark, but thats it.

Almost all the people named are, in fact, competent professional actors. Is this a joke thread?

Except for Pierce Broslin. Never heard of the guy.

Jenna Jameson?

ETA: What?

agree. give the thread enough time and Sean Penn will be named.

can’t act is a huge over statement.

lousy, not that good, might work better.