Wow, that was a good prayer from Rev. Robinson!

I just read Rev. Gene Robinson’s prayer for Obama and I was really impressed with it. The first half is a more general prayer for, I suppose, the American citizens, but could be applied to anyone in the world. I know that theism isn’t always the most popular following on the dope, but this was too good of a prayer not to share. I believe that even some of the non-theists may enjoy it. Here’s the link. Enjoy!

Very nice! I am an agnostic, but found that to be a moving and eloquent invocation. Thanks for posting it!

Yeah, too bad it wasn’t broadcast like it was supposed to be.

Hell, I started a Pit thread about it not being broadcast. Even I was freakin’ shocked!

Bishop Robinson visited Seattle last week. I’m not a churchgoer, but my girlfriend is, and Robinson just happened to be giving the sermon at a special evensong service at her church. She asked if I wanted to tag along; I said, hell yes.

I’m not in the least religious but Robinson’s sermon was spine-tinglingly inspiring, on both a spiritual and a secular level. He’s a truly special man.

Up close, he’s also remarkably tiny.

Yeah, I did a search for his name and saw that you opened that thread. I’m not much one for the pit, but I encourage those interested in bemoaning the many potential reasons he was put on the schedule before the broadcast time to visit that pit thread. I decided to go ahead and open an MPSIMS thread on the topic of his prayer because I thought it was simply wonderful. The blessings he wished upon the American people echo my own prayers. I thought my fellow dopers might enjoy the prayer as well.

At our newspaper office, we listened online to NPR, and they carried the prayer, which this agnostic/athiest (on alternate Tuesdays) found perfectly suitable.