The Office (02/05)

As usual. Creed gets the best lines

This how I got Squeaky Frome. No small talk. Just show her who’s boss. Just go right in and kiss her

Sounds risky

Have I ever stood you wrong Jim?

I thought it was a pretty good episode, although I admit that when I saw the “to be continued…” at the end I was kind of annoyed even though I knew it was coming. It appears as though I was way off in the thread last week when I mentioned the promo for this show. The way they edited it made it seem like there would be at least a little Karen-Jim baby drama, but of course that’s what they meant to do.

I thought Kelly did pretty well this episode, I laughed when Dwight told her to shut up and asked what kind of cake she wanted and she responded very brightly. Classic Creed too with his advice to Andy thinking that he was Jim.

I’m looking forward to next week!

Don’t forget get Creed’s three dollar bill. Classic Creed.

My favorite part was Dwight and Jim’s utter failure at party planning.

Half-blown-up gray and brown balloons? (They match the carpet!)

IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY.

And Jim only being able to find number candles.

Haha! Dwight is growing on me this season.

It’s a simple statement of fact.

“Not even an exclamation point?”

Of all people’s birthday to forget, they had to forget Kelly’s – the one most guaranteed to be melodramatic about it.

I don’t think Jim and Dwight are going to last long as party planners. They suck at it, they hate it and they hate working together. Andy should be given a shot at it. I have a feeling he would rock it.

And of course, there was the lovely use of toilet paper as party streamers.

The balloons made me laugh every time they showed them. They looked like condoms.

Pam throwing bite-sized Mounds to an unresponsive group of people.

That’s why previews are NOT spoilers.

I think this episode cemented Dwight Schrute as the greatest character in sitcom history; better than Bill MacNeal in New Radio or Kramer in Seinfeld. He gets amazing lines and Rainn Wilson just plays the hell out of that character.

Any scenes that require Jim and Dwight to work together are always pure magic. I’d love to see an episode where the two of them have to attend a convention together and share a hotel room.

I loved the talking head interview with Jim and Dwight explaining how they came to be the heads of the party planning committee and the best lines:

“That’s no way to talk to a superior!”

“What kind of cake do you want, imbecil?”

“Who is this?”
“Who do you think? It’s Mose.”
“Mose doesn’t know how to use a phone. The joke’s on you!”

I don’t get how some fans think the show isn’t funny anymore. Last night was hilarious!

Only it wasn’t. It was her birthday the day before. That’s a rookie mistake coming from Dwight - not that I would expect Jim to pick up on it.

Am I the only one who thinks it was a great idea to pack a toboggan for a business trip in upstate New York? It’s common sense people!

Kelly was in Juvie.

Creed “got” Sqeaky Fromme.

Jim: How can we make this up to you?
Kelly: My only wish is that this never happens to anyone else again…
Dwight: What kind of cake do you want, imbecile?
Kelly: Ice cream

Michael: … and so Pam and I get a hotel room.
Pam: Separate rooms!
Michael: That goes without saying.
Pam: I want to say it anyway.

Michael: Oh, look at what you’re wearing.
Pam: What- this is a brand new cardigan.
Michael: Could you tie it around your waist or something? Maybe lose the shirt underneath?

I remember an early episode where they went on a sales call together, and were surprisingly effective.

IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY.

My bet is that Kelly’s high-school boyfriend broke up with her and she burned down his house.

Nonsense. It spoiled the fact that Karen was pregnant. I don’t want to know anything about an episode until I see the episode. I would have been much more surprised if I hadn’t known that Karen was going to be pregnant.

Episode rocked every channel. There wasn’t a false moment in it. I enjoyed in the home scenes more than the away scenes. Andy is really tickling me.