Movies so bad ,they became cult .

Based on Ed Wood thread started by me .

What movies , do you think ,will fit into the "so bad, hence cult " category ?

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

I love that movie.

The Room

Word, punctuation then space.

:confused:

Movies so bad, they became cult.

Based on Ed Wood thread started by me.

What movies, do you think, will fit into the “so bad, hence cult” category?

There, fixed it for ya.

:smiley: Thank you !

I have a Bad Film Festival every year, and show some of these. You may disagree about whether these are Bad, or Cult, but some of that’s in the Eye of the Beholder
**Plan Nine from Outer Space

Bride of the Monster

Robot Monster

Killers from Space

The Forbidden Zone

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

Doc Savage

Night of the Lepus

Lizstomania**

*Hackers

Rocky Horror

Empire Records*

Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn

There’s even a musical (Evil Dead: The Musical) based on these two movies, and it’s just as campy and silly as the source material. In other words, it’s the greatest musical ever made (there’s even a blood splash zone).

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

“Movies so bad, they become cult.”

Better Off Dead – Back in college, we used to say that this this movie starring John Cusack was the “best piece of art ever produced by Western civilization” (tongue in cheek, of course).

What about Army of Darkness?!

Aw, man, you’re right. I meant to add it, but got distracted and forgot. How could I forget the wonder that is Evil Ash?

Fourteen posts about bad cult movies and no one has mentioned The Party Animal? Then again, it is redeemed somewhat by the awesome scene where two workers in a sex store use dildos as props to talk about missile treaties.

I kind of feel this way about Hide and Seek, the horrid DeNiro/Dakota Fanning movie from '05. I saw it with my boyfriend at the time and we would often quote the movie afterwards and giggle. After I’d watch it on HBO if it was on and kind of chortle because it was just so lame but in an entertaining way. I doubt it’ll become the next Manos, but I enjoyed it.

Empire Records was so bad it was good?! it was…okay, it wasn’t exactly good. Still, my love of Empire Records is more about liking it because it was cute and less loving to hate on it.

I actually consider Empire Records to be a bonafide good movie.

For Bad Movie, I’ll add: Perils of Gwendoline in the land of Yak Yak.
and
Ice Pirates

Manos: Hands of Fate

Can I really be the first to suggest The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

No, but second aint bad.