Anyone else heard the Geico rhetorical question radio commercials?

I’ve been hearing these on our local news station 1010 WINS. The first two asked “Is sneaking out of a boring meeting while wearing tap shoes a bad idea?” followed by the sound of a good tap, tap, tapping. and “Would the use of helium make opera less boring?”. Some opera sounds, followed by a chimpmunk style ending of “Figaro.”

The latest two came on this morning: “Is a mime any more boring when you can’t see him?” followed by running comentary on the typical “mime-trapped-in-a-box. Does a rolling stone gather no moss?” followed by the sound of a stone rolling. At the end the guy says “No moss. You’ll have to trust me on this.”

Good stuff.

Is the narration done by the same guy on the TV commercials? If so, I don’t even need to hear the actual radio spot to be amused; his voice is so distinctive that all I have to do is read the lines as he would say them. :slight_smile:

Haven’t heard the radio spots, but I love the TV ads. Our favorites are the therapist – “Suck it up, you jackwagon!” and the little piggy going “wee wee wee” all the way home.

I heard the mime one the other day. (Yep, same guy.)

Heard that this morning. What they should have done is use the sound of a shower running, followed by Mick Jagger yelling “Get out of here!”