The Rocky Horror Glee Show (open spoilers)

Despite all the stuff I’ve heard about tonight’s episode (changing Rocky’s costume, making the the lyrics more “family friendly”, etc) I’m still looking forward to it. Let’s hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I meant to actually get around to watching RHCP before this episode (actually, I’ve been meaning to get around to watching it since the '90s) but never did. I know some of the songs and read the screenplay many years ago, but I’m sure there’s all sorts of things I’ll be missing. I’ve seen pictures of Chord Overstreet in the Frank N. Furter outfit, and that ought to redeem any number of missteps they might make.

Good lord, that’s Barry Bostwick! Fabulous!

I’ve never seen Glee before, but I’m watching it just for this!

Oh that’s right, John Stamos has done the Emcee in Cabaret.

And Meat Loaf, too. No? So far I’ve liked all the numbers.

That was fun.
I found it incredibly difficult to not say obscene things at the screen in front of my kid, though. :o

Missed my chance to edit, but I didn’t mean liking the numbers to indicate that I like what’s going on with Will’s character this season. I don’t really care if Will and Emma end up together, especially if he’s going to behave against type every second week.

I was amazed at all the responses that I still remembered. I watched at work so I didn’t have to worry about my kid hearing.

The local station went off the air right after “Toucha-toucha touch me” (it is still not on at 8:08 central). I’m guessing it has something to do with the windstorm in the area
Brian

Meh, I thought the plot and the musical numbers were both kinda week. Will’s getting creepier & creepier. :eek: He was planning on doing a love scene with Rachel, in speedos, in front of the students (& parents) to get closer to Emma. I liked Sue in this episode; though it didn’t really make any sense for her to bowdlerize the script given that she wanted it to provoke community outrage. :smack: Loved her reaction when Will cancled the play.

And what’s up with having to wait another fortnight untill the next new episode? :confused: Why aren’t they airing a new episode next week?

Kurt’s potential love interest is supposed to be in the rival Glee club at the all-boys school in the preview.

Yikes, I had high hopes, but have to say Meh. Loved the cameos by Barry Bostwick and Meatloaf as censors, nice touch. I have to wonder how much of this episode was touched by censors… it seemed really mish-mash, like half of what they wanted it to be. Nice try, though, and hope it gets a new generation of kids into Rocky Horror. It was a freeing vehicle to me as a teen, all those decades ago.

Shirtless Will! Shirtless Will!!!
Ahem.

People were saying that Kurt was getting a free pass on the creepy stalker-esque behavior because he’s gay. Apparently it’s actually because that sort of thing is normal in Lima, Ohio.

Actually, Kurt got called out on it a couple of weeks ago, now I’m hoping someone calms Will down (I’m saying that in regards to the comments in this thread. I haven’t seen the episode yet and so far I’m not looking that forward to it. I hate Weird Will).

Will’s always had the weird pilot light on; he was the guy who enlisted Finn by planting weed in his gym locker and blackmailing him to join Glee.

Kurt–best Riff Raff EVAR. And Mercedes as Frank? Faaaaaaabulous. :smiley: I loved it, shoot me, I’m a sucker.

This is the first time I’d seen Glee, but figured I’d watch it, as an old Rocky Horror fan. Are the singing voices always so grotesquely computerized on Glee? More natural voices would give it a certain charm.

Hopefully they put Weird Will pining over Emma to rest. He’s my favorite singer but my least favorite character.

Overall, this season is very meh for me. I like the music but the plot is boring me.

I HATED Mercedes as Dr. Frank. The girl’s got pipes, sure, but Dr. Frank is not the queen of soul, thankyerverymuch. Blech.

The sanitization of the lyrics bugged me, mostly because it felt like giant speedbumps in my brain. I mean, I get why they felt they had to, but…meh.

The sound levels were all kinds of f’ed up all episode, at least on my television. The lead vocals were way too loud and not mixed with the backing vocals or instruments. What was up with that?

I do like that the whole theme of the ep was that Will was wrong to choose this show. Before the first scene, I was just saying to my (completely disinterested but good sports) family that this show would just never get put on by a high school, nor should it, so I’d have to suspend my disbelief like an executioner…and then I didn’t. That was nice.

I also liked that Kurt was “nuh-uh” about playing Frank. It would have been so easy and predictable to place him there, but it worked nicely with his beginnings of growth and conversation with his father last week (was that last week?) about how being honest about who he is isn’t the same thing as being provoking. And he made a far better Riff-Raff than he would have a Frank, based on his vocal range alone.

Who was the taller Columbia? Was that Brittney?

Well, take the sub-par story inherent in a Glee theme episode, and add a theme I don’t care much for, and you get a very strong “meh” from me. Will was “in character” for season 2, which is to say, completely out of character from season 1. Sue is randomly sharing stories about her “secret” sister with strangers… Finn suddenly develops body image problems, despite being on the football and basketball teams. Emma goes from catching RHPS on a whim to being Will’s go-to expert on the show in a week. Glee Club becomes Drama Club for some reason… Do high school kids today even know about RHPS? And we get Finn and Sam in their underwear as promised for those that are into that, but what of the promised scenes of Rachel in similar attire? I guess one has to go to GQ for that. :confused:
A few funny lines as usual, vocal performances ranging from decent to good (of songs that I personally can’t stand, aside from Time Warp), but none too exciting other than Emma’s number.

All in all, I’m glad it’s over.