Orange juice pulp

A very contentious issue this one:

Orange juice: no pulp, some pulp, or so much pulp you may as well just eat an orange.

Editing to make subsequent posts look like non sequitors.

Patience!:slight_smile:

Vile slime. Be gone with you!

(I voted no pulp, obviously).

I like some pulp. It’s often hard to find. The Grocery stores mostly stock pulp free. I buy Florida’s Natural orange juice. Their pulp variety isn’t real heavy.

I don’t really care one way or the other. Pulp is fine by any quantity and so is the absence of pulp. People who are opinionated on this are curiously picky and extremely strange.

Food stuffs does not belong in a beverage.

I don’t actually like orange juice that much, though I love oranges. But the only way I’ll drink it is “homestyle”, that is, with lots of pulp.

I’m the same with everything - lemonade, limeade, I love the little surprise bits.

My feelings as well. If it ain’t liquid or ice, it doesn’t belong in my drink. The exception I’ll make is olives or cocktail onions in my martini, but you can take your juice pulp, bubble tea, coconut water with the bits in it, etc. and chuck it.

Years ago, I remember seeing cups with a built in strainer. A simple piece of plastic with holes.

Good for homemade juice that had seeds. Also strained out the pulp.

Other. (Come on, you know there had to be “other”!) If you’re making fresh squeezed orange juice, I like a small to moderate amount of pulp - what a traditional reamer allows through is just perfect. But if it’s premade juice from the store, even the not-from-concentrate kind, I prefer pulp free.

No pulp. If I want the solids, I’ll eat the damn orange. Also, I don’t like pits, pits, pits in my juice, juice, juice.

I prefer none, and my husband prefers lots, so we buy the “some pulp” kind as a compromise.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Pulp…

I’m not a big orange juice drinker, but I never liked any of the supermarket varieties. There’s something about them that doesn’t quite taste like orange juice, but I can’t put my finger on it. Freshly squeezed orange juice is about the only kind I like to drink, and I can’t even remember the last time I had that. Five, maybe ten years?

Still, given the choice, I like my pulp.

I grew up drinking Donald Duck frozen OJ. My mom bought it because the cheapest brands tended not to have pulp in them (well, actually she bought it because it was the cheapest brand but the no pulp was the feature of it that I liked). Anyone know if they still make that?

I prefer to have no pulp, but if there is some, it’s fine. But I can’t stand pulp in heavy amounts.

I am a FL native and I grew up with orange trees in my yard. it just isn’t orange juice without the pulp.

Pulp-free orange juice is for the same people who eat strained peas out of a little glass jar.

Pulp is delicious and chock full of orangey goodness.