Vote for my baby girl in an Online Baby Idol Radio Contest Please

As you may know, my baby girl has Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), which is a nasty genetic condition. Baby Getty, who we lovingly call our Getty Owl, is 10 months old now, but she’s happy and we take good care of her.

A friend of ours entered her in a local Sacramento radio contest called Baby Idol. It’s online voting for your favorite baby.

Click here to see the 10 finalists.

The finals start Mon Feb 7. **Please vote daily for Baby Getty!
Grand prize is $1,000 and we will angle for going on the radio to raise awareness in the fight to cure SMA. We have big plans in Sacramento and NorCal to raise SMA awareness, and this is one step in that direction.

You need to register to vote. Voting will be daily. Two babies will be eliminated each day.

Thank you for your support!

[The Mods pre-approved this thread.]

It looks like we need to vote Monday through Thursday beginning tomorrow (Feb 7), correct? Is there a time frame for voting? Many of us are in different time zones.

Getty gets my vote(s).

From the station website:

This is all the info I have. Thanks for your support!

If I had to guess, I’d say the number of finalists per day is as follows:

Mon 7th: 10
Tue 8th: 8
Wed 9th: 6
Thu 10th: 4
Fri 11th: 2 [Can’t really eliminate 2 per day here ;)]

Mon 14th: Winner announced

Jeeze, that’s harsh!

(Okay, okay, I’ll go vote. :slight_smile: )

Please vote for Getty today!

Thanks!

Voted and clued in the kinfolk.

Voted.

Voted and will spread the word!

Done!

Voted. Is there anywhere you can see how many votes each baby has?

I don’t think so.

Well, I tried to vote but they wanted me to sign up and stuff to vote. :frowning:

Unfortunately, it takes an email addy to sign up, even if it’s a free Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or other addy you created just for online voting, shopping, and other junk email. I voted but I did not register with my every day normal email account. I have a separate free online email account set up for just such things.

Thanks for all your efforts everybody!

Voted. :slight_smile:

Done.

I just made one up. It’s not one of those sites that requires you to activate your account from a message they send to your inbox. I sure hope nosp@m.com isn’t a real e-mail address.

It hid the page from me on my first couple of efforts but I found it and voted for Getty.

Another vote here. Go Getty Owl!!

Voted!