The Office 4/21/11 - Last Dundees

Well, in the spirit of the episode, I’m starting that poll that we talked about a couple threads ago.

And I take back what I said last week - Will Ferrell is annoying as fuck, and I don’t think I can sit through another episode with him. Otherwise a funny episode, and gives a nice tribute to the earlier seasons which were a laugh a minute. Giving best dad to Jim and best mom to Meredith was icing on the cake.

In that opening scene, my instinct called it on being Meredith’s house, but for a minute I thought Creed was gonna stagger out…of his car.

Kevin: “Oooh, I love banter! But I hate witty banter.”

I laughed out loud after Erin dumped Gabe (in front of everybody at the Dundees!!), and Gabe was leaving in shame … and Dwight played the sound of crickets on his keyboard. Ha!

DeAngelo (as Michael hurls eggs at Toby’s house): “Is this one of our employees?”

And yeah, at first I thought that was going to be Creed’s house, but then I thought “Meredith!” just before she came walking up the driveway. Did you notice Michael saying about that house, “I’ve never seen it in the daylight before”?

I actually teared up when they started singing for Michael.

“I was on the jury for the Scranton strangler case where we found him guilty. But now I’m thinking we may have been wrong.”

(Ohhhh yeahhhhh… chika-chika!)

I actually thought Ferrell was better this week than last week. “Toby Flenderson gets the Dundee Award for … must repulsive? Well, that’s just hateful.”

Overall a nice episode and pre-farewell to Michael.

Loved Meredith staggering up to her house, “all rat and no tat,” “Get up here, you sick bastard,” and Dwight playing the crickets sound effect.

Help me out.

Do not understand

Nevermind, I didn’t notice that the poll had it’s own title, in fact, I’ve never noticed that. I was wondering what the poll was for.

I almost vomited. This show never does “touching” well, IMO.

My favorite line was from Darryl: “Damn, that was cold.”

Alright, Angela’s tied for 2nd! It’s all about the cookie! Did she win anything this year? She won the Tight Ass award a couple years ago (and refused it).

Toby looked really thin.

Pretty good episode but yeah, fuck Will Ferrell. Terrible choice of a replacement.

Very choppy in places, but there were a few laughs. Farrell seems uncomfortable in the role, and even seems to be trying to ad lib it, which would explain the awfulness.

erin is running away with it.

Which leads me to guess that Will Farrel’s character is the Scranton Strangler.

Perfect and creepy way to get him to leave the show.

I like it.

When I saw him, I almost wondered if they wrote him out of the script not to bring Holly back, but so he could take care of some personal issues (cancer, eating disorder, drug problem etc…), but that wouldn’t make sense since Holly clearly came back so that Michael could leave.

Either way, he looked awful.

I SO disagree. I thought it was great… and I think Steve Carrel getting choked up was beautiful acting… I totally teared up. And I loved the end afterwards where Michael says something like “this is gonna hurt like a motherf*****”…

That intro video with Michael as all the other people, that was the highlight of the ep for me.