Fringe April 22 "“6:02 AM EST"

Surprised no thread on this yet.

Wondering what is up with Sam. Is he connected to the Observers, or is he some other group? Or is he just a human who knows stuff™

I certainly did not expect the machine to zap Peter.

Also interested in Fauxlivia - still think she will somehow come to our Universe.

Brian

How about if Sam is Fauxlivia’s son from the alternate future?

Kind of a boring episode overall. It’s more setting up for the next two.

I also was surprised when Peter was zapped by the machine. I wonder if the fact that it was activated by his son is what caused it to reject him. Also, the scene where he’s going up to the machine really reminds me of the scene from Contact where Jodie Foster goes inside the machine.

I really enjoyed it, as I enjoy almost all episodes of “Fringe.” I’m still afraid that this show is doing too much too well on too high a level to enjoy continued success - in other words, I don’t think the masses get it.

I’m a little disappointed that Peter got zapped. It felt like a cheap way to keep the suspense going.

And if I understand the trailer for the next episode right, the machine rejected Peter because it’s not his time to get into it yet.

I read a bunch of opinions of the last two upcoming episodes for this season:
[ul]
[li]321 “The Last Sam Weiss” which somebody said is an anagram for “A shameless Twist”.[/li][li]322 “The day we died” which is officially described as, “As the thrilling third season propels to a climactic close, questions will be answered as Peter confronts his destiny and a beloved team member meets an untimely demise…”[/li][/ul]

Anyway, some people think Sam might be one of the first people. Then again, some people are thinking like TPWombat that Sam is Peter’s and Olivia’s time traveling son. They also wonder if the first people are actually us. Then again, some people wonder if Sam isn’t a future version of Peter.

At any rate, it’s all speculation. And I don’t care if the season ends on a cliff hanger, just as long as they say who Sam is and they have Peter use the machine.

I think Sam sent himself back in time in a desperate attempt to convince his parents to give him a cooler name than “Henry.” But he has failed, so he is going to scheme to destroy both worlds.

I have a hard time buying that, they aren’t far enough apart in age for his looks to change that much! (the actors are 9 years apart, anyway)

Any guesses on who the character is who supposedly dies in the season finale?

Well, on the one hand, it would be kind of funny

but sad if the other Charlie bit it. After all, who says it’s a member of the blue universe’s teem who dies?

On the other hand,

depending on how loosely they define the word “team”, it could be Sam or Nina

But if I had my way

it would be Peter. I honestly like him least of all of the cast.

Just as long as they don’t

kill off our Walter, Astrid, or Phillip, or the alternate Astrid, Lincoln, or Charlie. It wouldn’t bother much if they got rid of Walternate, either Oliva, or either Brandon.

If they kill off Peter or Olivia (not Fauxlivia) I am done with the show.

They will not kill Peter. And I’m 99% certain they will not kill Oliva.

They discussed why Fringe got renewed in the NYT today.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/media/25dvr.html?ref=technology

My money is on

Olivia. They can keep Ana Torv (is that her name) on as Fauxlivia. They could do the same with John Noble (Walter), but Walter and Walternate are two very distinct characters whereas Olivia and Fauxlivia sort of are not.

For a strong audience reaction without greatly messing with the team, it could be Gene the cow who gets killed.

Come on, don’t tell me that wouldn’t make people sad.

The actual TV description is that a team member is killed. But it doesn’t say WHICH team on which world. Could be Lincoln. But frankly, I am thinking it’s Fauxlivia…there’s no way they both survive.

Sorry but

Something I was reading had the creators say that they weren’t done with Peter and Fualivia yet. So she’s going to live.

And this looks interesting from Fring Spoilers

I hope they can deliver on that promise.

Well, if it’s ANY team, they should do someone like Kobe Bryant, just as a huge F YOU to everyone.

Easy there Cee Lo

I thought the cow as well… which would be cute, but a cheat.

If it is to be a main character from either universe, My guess is Walternate, or Nina. The main cast, has to stay.

Could also be Fauxlivia’s babay?

Err… that’s Jean not Gene. The cow is female (remember, she gets milked?)