How long does Irish Cream stay good?

I have an opened bottle of Bailey’s Irish Cream in the fridge, it’s been there at least a year but no longer than a year and a half at this point. Is it still good to drink, and if it weren’t, how could you tell? I haven’t poured any out lately, but it smells normal to me (like alcohol) and I didn’t notice any chunks or anything else untoward on the inside of the lid (it was lying on its side, now it’s upright in the door). Any thoughts?

The manufacturer claims Baileys Irish Cream has a shelf life of 30 months and guarantees its taste for 2 years from the day it was made, opened or unopened, stored in the fridge or not when stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature range of 0-25 degrees Celsius (32 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit). [6]

per Wiki.

Ah, thanks. I suppose this one’s a candidate for “why didn’t you Google that first,” heh. There isn’t a date of creation on the bottle, but on closer inspection of the label there is a wee “best taste before” date of this coming December. So at least I have that much to go by. Don’t know why I didn’t see that before.

At least according to German wikipedia, there is:

Fair enough, thanks.

I’ve never had a bottle last long enough for freshness to be a concern. I admire the OP’s sobriety. :wink:

Over the years I’ve pitched several bottles of that nasty stuff that folks have left behind at parties we’ve held. When you can’t remember which party it was from and the dust is thick on the bottle cap & shoulders, it gets the heave.

Drink it? Shudders. Evven when fresh.

LOL – my ability to drink alcohol without dire consequences has decreased severely in recent years, so yeah. I literally kept forgetting it was in there, because it was lying on its side on a narrow little shelf. And all Irish Cream is good for anyway is going into coffee – or tea, since I don’t drink coffee. I suppose I could get some Kahlua and vodka and make mudslides.

Oooooh, just the thought of that made me shudder. No mudslides for me. I am no longer 15.

Hot chocolate.

I recommend having it with Cocoa Pebbles, substituting the Baileys for milk.

This. Now, the closest to that that I’ve tried is with chocolate milk (yum!) but I’m sure hot chocolate would taste just as good.

If you’re only camping for a weekend (and therefore your framepack can handle the extra weight), taking a bottle into the snow makes for a great treat–flavoured snow cones!

:eek:

You, good sir, are some sort of God among men.

runs to store to get Pebbles and Irish cream

Or you just make your own whenever you needed to. My recipe:

*2 egg yolks

1 pint heavy cream (could use half and half if you’re a candy ass)

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. instant coffee or espresso powder dissolved in 1 Tbs. water

2 Tbs. chocolate syrup

6 - 8 oz. Jameson Irish Whiskey (6 makes it smooth, 8 kicks you in the ass - your choice) or Bushmills

Makes just over 1 liter.

Pour into bottles and refrigerate.

Shake before serving.

If you think it is bad, just make a Cement Mixer with it. It is simply Baileys Irish Creme and freeze squeezed lime juice. Even a new bottle of Baileys will coagulate into small chunks with that mixture so any presence of chucks from an an older bottles just becomes a feature rather than a flaw. Ummm, ummm. A Cement Mixer falls into the category of things that aren’t good but still manage to shine just because it doesn’t suck nearly as much as you think it will.

o_0

0_o

o_0

buh. I don’t think you can get Cocoa Pebbles here anyway, so it’s probably just as well.

I have tried it with hot chocolate, and for some reason it wasn’t as good as tea, or even coffee which I don’t drink. I will make the odd exception for coffee with Irish Cream, but I do not recommend getting drunk on it…

I like it with a bit of milk added but when I order that in a bar I get laughed at.

Try asking for it in a dirty glass. :wink:

I love a Caucasian (White Russian) made with Soy Milk. But I only order it in bars where I know they will take my request seriously.:smiley:

I want to get a second opinion. Hopefully, someone here will have had a similar experience and can say one way or another:

I was given a bottle as a gift in late January. It sat in my cupboard (opened once for a recipe I tried) from then until about two weeks ago. My apartment is on the second floor of a very old building and there’s only a tiny little window a/c unit to attempt to keep it cool in here.

The bottle was exposed to temps ranging from 76-88 degrees in the past month and a half.

It smells fine. I have not poured any out to see if it had chunks or anything in it. I moved it into the fridge during the heatwave when I remembered it sitting in my cupboard.

Bailey’s customer service will only say they won’t “guarantee freshness” and suggest not drinking it.

What could have happened to it?