As a man with small hands, I have observed that.....

…there isn’t a single “Important” male person, or male celebrity, with small hands.

Small hands are an indication of beta-male-hood, and while some of us have had some success, none of us have been spectacularly successful.

Just an observation.

I think part of the problem is that people distrust us.

Do you have any data base/cite of “Important” male person, or male celebrity hand sizes?

Albert Einstein important enough? Those look like smallish hands

It could be that his head is big?

Thread drift: what about head sizes?

Brunel?

Nelson Mandela?

Mark Zuckerberg apparently has wee little hands.

I wouldn’t say that Bill Gates has whopping massive hands either

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/bizphotos/435x290/201002/13/147019-bill-gates.jpg

Can you honestly blame us?

[moderating]
Unless someone comes forth with a scientific study correlating hand size to male “importance” and “celebrity,” I think this thread belongs in IMHO.
So moved…
[/moderating]

This is pretty funny.

Okay - I’ll play: **Angus Young of AC/DC **is a well-respected guitar player - a job that values big hands if there ever was one - and he has wee little mitts. Now, granted, he’s about 5’3", so his hands are probably proportioned to his body, but it always funny to see him play his Gibson SG and then I pick up the same model of guitar and realize it has a very thin Slim-Profile neck I practially wrap around twice…

On the other hand (heh), Andres Segovia, the classical guitar innovator, was known for having unattractive sausage fingers (youtube) - people would comment how amazing it was to see such fluid grace from such ham hands…not sure if sausage fingers fits into the OP’s overall framework…

As a guitar player, and knowing quite a few great players with small stubby fingers, sort stubby fingers have distinct advantage of having more control/power over whatever strings they manage to get hold of. Remember Django Reinhardt played with only two fingers; sometimes more is not more, ie, less but quality is more than more of lesser quality. You do what you can with what you have. But then a guy like Jeff beck has large powerful hand and that’s what you would ultimately want, ie, if you have a choice. Hendrix and Page: slender long fingers/big hands. Ronnie Montrose has stubby fingers and you can hear it in his playing.

For some reason, I love this line.

Off topic - you should hang out in the **Great Ongoing Guitar Thread **- tell us what you play, help us geek out on gear - talk about the greatest guitar player ever, Jeff Beck :wink: - you know, stuff like that. Heck, we’re only up to Page 42in the thread…

…carry on.

His hands were only relatively small.

My SO has small hands, but he’s no beta*. Men who use weird physical attributed to explain why they cannot have success are universally wrong. There is almost certainly something wrong with you, but it isn’t your hands**. It’s your personality. But!! Good news! Unlike hand size, personality can be improved upon.

So, get to it!

*which is pretty much the stupidest description ever.

**or your height, or that you’re bald, or whatever else dumb idea you come up with

Why on earth do you think anybody notices the size of your hands?

They do have small hands usually, it’s just that the rest of their bodies are small too :D.

I disagree with the premise of this thread because I am hyper-aware of men’s hands, and I’ve noticed plenty of famous/rich/powerful dudes have small/girlish hands.

But, I have to admit that small or otherwise feminine (slim tapered fingers, chubby, soft) hands on a man are a gigantic turn-off for me physically. My SO has giant hands and they were the first thing that I found sexually attractive about him. Manly hands are a dealbreaker for me. I know I’m not the only one but this isn’t something most women I’ve mentioned it to identify with…

Small hands sometimes play an important role:

Interesting. As a guitar player, I get a lot of women commenting on how good a man’s hands look when they know what they are doing with them (stop that! ;)) e.g., building something, etc. I have reasonably unattractive catcher’s mitt hands but get nice comments when I play…I think it is something a woman can comment on without appearing too flirty…

I’m only curious and would like more explanation, if girly hands are a turn-off, and manly hands are a turn-off, but big hands are a turn-on, exactly what measure of roughness/girlishness + size is preferable? An in-between? Do they need to be big and mildly manly? (I’d also like to know why I care, but that’s for me to figure out :))