As a man with small hands, I have observed that.....

I consider John McCain’s hands to be disturbingly small.

Beta is a great description…for guys who blame their lack of status on things like the size of their hands. Nobody cares how big your hands are, it’s what you can do with them (and your mind.)

This is a great post. Good point.

Matthew McConaughey has short arms and disturbingly tiny forearms and hands. I can barely look at the poor guy.

Sorry I wasn’t clear - it’s the absence of manly hands that’s the dealbreaker.

Ah, a misunderstanding, perfectly understandable :D.

Oh, I’m so glad to have found this thread! I have small hands, even for a woman, with very long, slender fingers. And being that I’m female, that’s all good…I’ve been told I have very pretty hands. However. My son inherited my hands. They’re almost identical. And on a man, well…not quite so all good. When he deployed to Afghanistan, I had to special order him gloves, because the smallest ones the Army issued were still too big for him.

He has often expressed frustration at this particular genetic heritage, so having a list of ‘Alpha’ males (however we are defining that term) to pull out would be awesome, next time he starts in…ungrateful pup that he is…

It’s pretty obvious during handshaking. Or when doing any activity that involves manipulating objects with other people. Even just sitting around at a table eating lunch it’s pretty obvious. “Dude, you have girl hands.” Yeah, I know. It’s OK though, it makes my penis look bigger, right? Wait…

I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen hand size and attractiveness discussed - I am with rhubarbarin in that I find small (relative to size)/feminine hands on a man a definite turn-off.

But that’s just from a sexually-attractive perspective, I find larger/taller men attractive and smaller men less so. When it comes to authority, alpha-beta maleness, capability and so on, size of person, including hands, is irrelevant. In other words, I may find you authoritative and alpha likeable and capable as hell, but if you’re small in stature I won’t want to do ya. :smiley:

I have the smallest hands I’ve ever seen on a man. My daughters’ hand is about a full inch longer than mine, but the breadth of my palm ,fingers and nails are much larger.
My shoe size is 9 though I have a wide foot and I have a small nose.
My concern when I was younger and single was the fear that my dick would be assumed to correlate. I’ve been monagamous with my wife for 32 years because she alone knows the truth.

Now I don’t consider myself to be a Beta male because I think of myself to be an Alpha, but others may disagree.

Cee Lo Green has bizarrely small hands.

FWIW, I find small hands on a guy to be quite endearing and it’s a definite plus for me.

That’s your theory is it?

I think that’s because he’s overweight, so it may not count…

Elijah Wood is definitely a celebrity and has small, stubby hands. (pic) I’m not sure if you’d consider him an alpha, though.

Is Jack Bauer alpha enough for you?

It’s too bad that this isn’t an episode of CSI. They would have a hand size database, and it would return results in large, easy-to-read type.

How about some guy rejected for the Catholic priesthood because of the cloven hooves and tail?

if you look at pictures of ahnold in his prime you will notice that he has dinky hands in relation to the rest of his body. of course. hands, like the head, can’t grow with exercise.

i get the OP’s point though. big hands are impressive and even avantageous. but ultimately (in fighting at least) it’s the punch, not the hand.

Won’t hands get larger with work? There are some muscles in there, after all. It seems in literature, in particular in relation to women’s hands, they’re always being described as “large and work-coarsened.”

You know what they say about guys with big hands. right?

We need to buy big gloves.