Which national fast-food chain has the best basic Fried Chicken?

Pull up a chair and bring several napkins. Lets talk fried chicken. The finger licking good stuff. :smiley:

Whats your favorite fried chicken chain?

I know this may vary because the management could be horrible in one region and really good in another.

Good chicken can be really hard to find. There’s nothing grosser than undercooked, half raw chicken. I was a KFC fan throughout my teens and twenties and then the franchise here went bad. They gave me a lot of half raw chicken and I stopped going to KFC.

My favorite? Popeyes, mild with red beans & rice on the side. I luv their biscuits too.

For fried chicken, we still prefer KFC Crispy. El Pollo Loco would be our default choice, but they grill their chicken instead.

Picked Church’s based on chicken strips (I don’t really care for chicken still on the bone). But I’ve never been to Bojangles or Roy Rogers. Chick-fil-A is a phenomenon that boggles my mind that people seek it out.

I agree with this 100% except in our house it is referred to as Extra Crispy.

I still prefer KFC Original, though Popeyes is close.

I picked Popeyes, though that might be more because I have to work to get it. KFC is my goto for friend chicken locally right now (original - I like the spice).

Does “basic” fried chicken exclude spicy varieties?

Popeye’s.

It’s not even close.

Popeye’s here, although it’s been probably near ten years since I’ve had it.

I voted for Popeye’s, specifically the Popeye’s at the intersection of Ponce de Leon and Boulevard. Much better that the Popeye’s at the airport!

I said KFC because it’s the only place I’ve had fast food fried chicken.

You have a discerning palate, my friend. The Popeye’s on Boulevard is indeed, as the cool kids say, the bomb.

Popeye’s hands down. We had 2 here in town for FAR too short a time but they are both closed down now. There IS no decent fried chicken in Evansville Indiana now. sad

KFC changed their formu;a in Canada awhile ago and it’s not as tasty as it used to be.

Popeye’s is awesome. I get sick after eating it, though, just from all the grease, so I have it twice a year whenever I forget how stuffed it made me the last time.

Chik-Fil-A all the way.

Don’t know if any of them still offer it but Wendy’s had some great fried chicken (entire pieces, not just strips) so I voted Popeye’s.

Popeye’s, no contest. Mmmm, and there’s one just down the street, you bastard!

Popeye’s, by far. Worse, the bastards opened a store not a mile from my house. It’s not fair! :frowning:

Love the spicy chicken, but their plain is good too.

I can only assume the people who voted “Bojangle’s” were confused by the butterfly design of the ballot. :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer Bojangles, but since we only have the choice of KFC and Popeyes, I am sad :frowning:

Popeye’s is generally my first choice. I’ve found KFC to vary a bit between locations, but the one nearest my house is pretty good.

Chick-Fil-A is…wrong. They have somehow made their chicken product into the only substance on Earth that doesn’t taste at all like chicken. It doesn’t really taste like anything, except for a faint flavor of rancid pickles.