Why was the Twickster ATMB thread closed?

TubaDiva, I don’t understand why you closed this thread.

It seems like posters wanted to discuss a moderator, and this is the appropriate forum to do it in. What gives?

eta: the reason you stated in thread appeared to be a joke, and not an actual reason.

Absolutely agreed. If the administration of the board is afraid that there is going to be* too much *wailing and gnashing of teeth, then maybe they should address the actual cause of that outcry and do something about it. Locking one thread isn’t going to solve it - telling Twickster to cut out the goddamn bullshit for once and for all is going to solve it.

Yep. If there was some sort of sanction, it should be public. The offense was public, the repercussions should be as well, especially since it was a mod. Most of us would be at least noted if not Warned, especially if we’d been here long enough to know better. Calling another poster a twat (or a fool, for that matter) is not allowed outside the Pit.

Or at least one would hope so.

Also, while we clearly have the moderators’ attention ( :rolleyes: ), can we get a ruling on whether or not “twat” runs afoul of the forbidden list in the Pit? I had initially thought that it would count as a variation of “cunt”.

“poop” is a variation of “shit” but you can still say the first one on kids’ shows

“Fuck you” is forbidden in the Pit, “Fuck off” and “Go fuck yourself” might be. “You fucking asshole” is just fine.

Thanks Ed. Things are so much better and more consistent now. :rolleyes:

It’s fine in The Pit.

QFT.

I had a huge “meltdown” here several years ago, and all the mods were in on it, including Twicks. I have had several “mini-melts” (Hey, I coined a new ** Dope** term!;)) since then, and she was in on those as well.

Twicks isn’t only a mod, she’s a member here, and she should be allowed her mistakes, as I have been kindly allowed mine.

Thanks

Q

She is allowed her mistakes. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have consequences. Hell, could I call someone a twat? How about in this thread? I have a Warning on file, with no mod note that preceded it, for calling a poster “ignorant” in ATMB (an adjective, I would note, which is 100% legal in GD). Am I to believe that someone who should know better, and is in fact a representative of community standards for the Dope, is allowed to call posters fools and twats, outside of the Pit, with zero repercussions, while other posters draw Warnings for calling someone “ignorant”?

Would Twick, then, have drawn public sanction if she’d called someone an ignorant twat?

Gah! This place is becoming just like the SDMB. Oh, wait…

But you can’t issue warnings and mod notes when you have a melt down or are in a bad mood. It’s a bad comparison.
It would be like saying “My dad just got his driving privileges taken away since he was diagnosed with epilepsy. That’s not fair. My next door neighbor’s 10 year old daughter has seisures all the time and she hasn’t hurt anyone.”

You can’t give someone warnings just like the hypothetical 10 year old kid can’t have a seisure and drive a car off the road.

With respect, since twickster *is *a mod, she should be held to a higher standard than someone who has huge meltdowns or even mini-melts. She has made many mistakes as a mod, and this latest one was especially embarrassing.

Many times, mods give harsher punishments to long-timers than newbies who break the same rules, mostly because the long-timers should know better. Seems to me a mod who knowingly breaks the rules should get an even harsher punishment.

Look, I don’t know exactly how I feel about what punishment should be called for, but I really don’t think closing the thread was the answer.

I agree. I don’t care if there is any “punishment” at all, but closing the thread wasn’t the answer (but I fully expect the same to happen to this one).

If Tuba had simply said, “the mods are in the loop on this and discussing the matter - for the moment this thread is closed” this wouldn’t be an issue.

But of course, that didn’t happen.

The Twat in question will chime in:

1. I would like to think Twackster was not here today and that’s why she did not say sorry.

Fact: Not true. She was here, first thing this morning. She moved my thread on favorite senses from cafe to IMHO.

Interpretation: she saw this thread and consciously made a decision on how to/to not reply.

Proof: none.

****|
2. I would like to think I was being overreactive and silly and paranoid that there’s a target on my head about being banned for speaking up.

Fact: Unknown. No response.

Interpretation: I may or may not be overreacting but they won’t confirm.

Proof: as of now, no reason to think anything has changed, as I can still log in. No guarantee that will last beyond this post.

1. I would like to think Twackster’s issue with me will not be globalized.

Fact: I am a known rabble rouser among mods. That’s cool. But playing a game where the rules are subject to change at any time, including equal playing field? Not cool.

Interpretation: if you want to stay here, play nice, don’t question the rules, and do as we say not as we do.

Proof: yep.

In conclusion, If Twackster is “just like any other poster,” I guess we can all assume that we can call someone a twat wherever and whenever and that there will be no consequences…including that you don’t have to acknowledge that you offended someone and then say sorry. :slight_smile:

It’s not a DEMocracy, it’s a TWACKocracy!

Oh! You were looking for a democracy? Two doors down on the left.

I am just amused that silenus in post 16 was allowed to call the OP a troll. Oh I know he didn’t use the letters “t”, “r”, “o” or “l” but I’ve seen other posters given a mod note for doing the same thing. For insulting others in a tip-toey kind of way.

silenus:

I reported it because I’ve seen others get mod-noted before for doing the same thing. Tuba Diva posted after I reported it and then at least four hours later after I reported it she closed the thread. So in conclusion I now think silenus is a (descriptive phrase deleted) that should go (descriptive phrase deleted) and also (descriptive phrase deleted) and I would not be unhappy if (descriptive thread deleted).

Also (descriptive phrase deleted).