And the culling begins [TV show cancellations]

http://www.news10.net/entertainment/article/217495/37/2-freshman-TV-series-canceled-at-ABC-1-at-CBS

Needs a mo better thread title IMO.

Never saw or cared to see Last Resort or 666 ParkAvenue. Couldn’t make it more than a few minutes into Partners.

I was enjoying Last Resort, but I didn’t expect it to last long.

Never watched 666.

I kinda liked “Partners”… Certainly out of the gay shows, it beat the pants off “The New Normal”.

I saw the first few episodes of Last Resort. It was good, but I gave up when I saw the writing on the wall.

See, this is why I never watch a new show until they announce its second season renewal.

The plot of “Last Resort” really should only be 1 season - they’d have to plan some complete new intrigue to drag it out. The article says it’s cancelled “after 13 episodes” so I assume they’ll be allowed to finish it off.

Aww, man, we really liked 666 Park Avenue :frowning:

Animal Practice was canceled a month ago, wasn’t it?

Andre Braugher is one of my favorite actors. He really should be bigger. The premise didn’t catch me so I didn’t watch but I’m sorry he is out of work.

And yet 2 Broke Girls somehow continues to survive. Have you seen it lately? It’s getting even more incomprehensibly stupider than ever. The mind boggles…

Last Resort confounded me. I think I was expecting a particular kind of plot, and they went in a different direction, so somewhere along the line I lost the thread and didn’t manage to engage.

Yep, it’s replaced by Whitney. A win-lose situation.

And we still wait for Community to come back.

Made In Jersey lasted a whole 2 episodes. I am surprised Mob Doctor is still on.

Kat Dennings.

Someone at Discovery did a dirty job on Dirty Jobs.

That show was created by Whitney Cummings, who also has her own (unfunny) sitcom on NBC, and will be getting a chat show on E! in a couple of months. She must really have good dirt on CBS and NBC executives.

WAAAAHHHH!!! One of the few shows around geared to IQs higher than room temperature, and of COURSE Discovery kills it. :mad:

I think you were almost there - Kat Dennings’ boobs. :slight_smile:

Whitney is one of those shows that most people loathe and for some weird reason I like. Like, not love, mind you.
Watching Two Broke Girls as I type this, the Polish woman is the worst character ever on a sitcom. Dumping her from the show would be the best move they could make. She is the Jar-Jar Binks of broadcast TV sitcoms. I hit the mute button at the first sign of her.