Most dissapointing TV show this season?

My vote goes to The Mindy Project. I really, really wanted to like this show because I thought I liked Mindy Kaling. But the character she created is not one third as cute as she thinks she is and less than quarter as funny.

Also, if you’re gonna have a jerk co-star, just have one. Two assholes that our poor maiden Mindy has to deal with isn’t funny, it’s painful.

I’m going with The New Normal. It turned out to be a pretty traditional sitcom. Which I guess is the point, but in its zeal to pursue “traditional” it also ended up catching “boring.”

I agree that it’s not quite a good show, but they’re doing enough re-tooling to this one that I still feel like it might turn out better than ok

I don’t know if Mindy actually qualifies as disappointing for me, because I didn’t exactly go into it with high expectations, but it definitely did not satisfy me, and I stopped watching/DVRing around Halloween. On the Office as a third tier or so character, she’s very funny. As a lead, not so much.

I had high hopes for both Revolution and The Last Resort. Neither got me to watch more than one and a half episodes.

To me, Malibu Country is no where near as good as Reba’s previous show.

God bless you and her always!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Holly

American Horror Story

Last Resort turned out to be SUCH a bummer for both my husband and I. We watched maybe 2 or 3 episodes. Then we started hating ourselves for it. Thankfully it was pulled.

Wuuuuuh?

AHS is pretty awesome IMO.

Let Down, Revolution just has not grabbed me nearly as much as I wanted/thought it would.

Revolution - I was really looking forward to it, only watched the premiere.

I’m going to have to add myself to the Revolution and Last Resort list

The Last Resort - I really like Andre Braugher and I wanted to like his show. The first episode was good. I think it might have worked as 4-6 episode mini-series, with a clear cut beginning, middle and end.

We hung on for 5-6 weeks hoping Revolution would live up to the interesting-ness of its premise, but we remained disappointed and cut it loose right after Giancarlo Esposito made his first appearance. (But then we got our GE fix when we started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix- how was I not watching that show when it first aired?!?! It’s one of the best series I’ve ever seen!)

We really enjoyed American Horror Story last season and looked forward to the 2nd season. We watched the first episode… eh. We recorded the rest of them, but every night we’d scroll through the list of recorded shows and the 2nd episode of AHS just never made the cut. After 5 weeks or so we realized we weren’t drawn in enough from the premiere to continue it, so it got deleted.

Last Resort for me too. It’s the only new show I tried, and only because of Braugher.

It’s too bad that the network dramas seem to think they need some kind of cliffhanger showdown in every episode. It leads to unbelievable contrivances.

I would agree with the OP on The Mindy Project.

The Redskins/Seahawks game.

Revolution for us as well. It not only managed to be stupid and contradictory of it’s own story it also managed the ultimate tv felony of being boring.

Awake - the trailers were interesting, so was its premise. turns out it is yet another police procedural with a Lost mystery.

Disappointing because its not nearly as good as last year and could be better if they’d combine the admittedly awesome styling with a compelling story.

I have ot go with Revolution, as well. It had a premise that could have had potential, but they have totally wasted it.

I would have put Last Resort on this list, but from the start I thought it could be a great made-for-TV movie or a really good miniseries, but no way can they stretch it out for a whole season, let alone multiple seasons, without either completely abandoning the premise or making so convouluted that it becomes silly.