Guardians of the Galaxy - 1st Trailer

I feel like the awkward humor of Quill’s scenes must’ve been difficult to edit into trailer snippets, but I like what I see overall. What a bunch of A-holes.

I like it, and I have no familiarity with these characters at all.

Makes me wonder why there haven’t been more comedic space adventure movies.

I’m not very familiar with the source material (Guardians never jumped out at me during my comic book days), but it looks like it has potential. It’ll be refreshing to see Chris Pratt as someone other than Andy on Parks & Rec.

I think comedic is the safest way to go with talking raccoons and houseplants guarding the galaxy.

Looks like it could be fun. Green Lantern looked fun too.

Same here. Wondering if the trailer accurately conveys the overall tone of the movie…

I’m skipping this one because I refuse to watch any movie involving Batista.

Why?

For my money, GOTG was the best comic book series in recent years (the DnA run, not the Bendis run). It the movie is half as good, you will be missing out

Mainly because, by all accounts, he’s a complete douchebag off camera, and I was extremely pissed off by the disrespect he showed for the fans at the Royal Rumble this year.

The great thing about the comic book was how well it managed to balance humour and high stakes plots perfectly.

Loved the shoutout to The Usual Suspects there. Also, love the mix of humour and sci-fi. I haven’t been this stoked since Avengers

Indeed. I’ve been reading Marvel books for years but only really touched on GOTG now and again. But they look like they’ve got the tone spot on and are perfectly aware that most people have no idea who these people are. Rocket Raccoon, one area where it could have gone horribly wrong, looks awesome.

I’m now going to go listen to “Hooked on a Feeling”.

The anthropomorphic raccoon is just pandering to suburbanites.

I’m in. The cool thing is that I’ll get to see this at a Galaxy Theater. :smiley:

Saw the sneak peak. @30 seconds of fast cut seizure food.

How do you deal with the fact of a talking raccoon?

You don’t, you just make him all pissed off and run with it. That’s brilliant.

“Sorry, I’m not sure how this machine works.” I coached my 13-year-old girl on that this morning. I’m hoping for a call from the principal’s office by lunchtime.

The guy reading the rap sheets looked like Han Solo.

Er. You mean John C Reilly?

It’s an action movie trailer. It also had explosions, loud music, and a title card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stYrNaLWkPk

(Instead of “Reilly,” the correct response would have been “Really?”)

I’m pretty familiar with the Marvel and DC universes but know absolutely nothing about GotG – I’m really, really excited for this movie. Marvel appears to have it going on all cylinders.