Starving Artist - we remember you

In recent weeks Starving Artist has begun frequently posting again on the SDMB. He has, of course, resumed his usual nonsensical political style. He appears to hope that no one remembers his Paterno stunt.

I suggest that Starving Artist take a paper towel tube and jam it up his ass.

I don’t think he can do it from that angle.

Really? Then he’s going about it wrong. He’s mentioned it a couple times in the threads I’ve seen recently, and I’ve seen you and several other people mention it several times.

Pitting endorsed, on basis of this.

And no, I don’t really care that there was a history of insults between them. Uncalled for.

I took a Paterno-related jab at Starving Artist just a few days ago, but to be honest, i’m sort of amazed that it took the Paterno thread for so many people to give up on him.

Starving Artist has been stinking up this place with loathsome political opinions and, more importantly, with fundamentally flawed and dishonest arguments, for years now. The Paterno thread was merely another example of the same stupidity, ignorance, tendentiousness, and mendacity that have characterized the vast majority of his contributions to this message board.

I guess it’s possible he’s made some decent contributions, possibly in threads like “Vanilla or Chocolate?” or “What’s your favorite Molly Ringwald movie?” But on any topic of substance, you can assume that anything he says will have been passed through the lens of his personal prejudices and personal experience, barely even grazing the filters of historical accuracy and political honesty, and will come out the other side as a fun-house mirror distortion of reality. While many of the conservatives on this board can’t quite bring themselves to actually criticize or disown him, it’s rare that one of them, especially among the thoughtful, will support him or rely on him in a debate. That should tell you something.

I don’t think the Paterno thread should define Starving Artist around here. That lets him off too easy, because focusing on that one thread implies that it’s some sort of aberration, when it’s simply another tree in a very large forest.

OK, so, if he was already back again, then no blame. Just so long as you didn’t invoke his presence by saying his name. Then we’d have to hunt you down.

I have no love, and little respect, for Starving Artist or his attitudes and opinions, but this essentially preemptive pitting on the basis of stuff he said long ago (and probably regrets), seems to me to be both uncalled-for and mean.

Why would you assume he regrets his past statements?

There’s nothing preemptive about it. He’s been pulling the same shit in the Cosby rape threads. If he regrets what he said, he sure hasn’t learned from it.

Meh. Frank’s just butthurt because I won the Paterno thread, much to his disdain, and he hasn’t been able to get over it. For some reason he likes to think that thread is something I’m ashamed of and am hoping people will forget about. He is wrong.

mhendo is a long-standing enemy whose never-ending animus I’ve earned by pointing out what a pussy he was after he’d been bitten by a dog and went ballistic on its obviously frightened borderline elderly owners, and by laughing at his repeated declarations that he wasn’t going to engage me anymore yet kept coming back time after time. He has quite a history of making these borderline grandiose claims. After earning himself a much deserved suspension he swore he’d never be back as long as a certain someone continued to be a mod here. And guess what? He’s come back and she’s still a mod. And for someone who works so strenuously to to create a facade of thoughtful intelligence, he’s given to making excruciatingly stupid remarks from time to time, as he did on the occasion when he chose to tell Bricker I was dishonest but didn’t realize it. :D:D:D

I’d really like to know how that’s supposed to work as every definition of dishonesty I’ve ever known requires a certain level of intentional duplicity.

I have no doubt mhendo would be unable to substantiate any of his claims regarding my supposed dishonesty in this thread either, as he’s never been able to prove any of them in the past. “Holding an empty sack” is the term I’ve often used to describe his sputtering excuses when challenged to back up his words ala my alleged dishonesty and I’m betting he’ll wind up holding an empty sack here as well.

mhendo is in my opinion the most eager and prolific asshole on these boards. A perusal of his posting history will reveal that he has something snarky, insulting, or downright aggressively assholish to say in approximately one out of every three or four posts, most often to people who’ve done virtually nothing to deserve it. He’s especially fond of jumping on and insulting newbies, and I’ve enjoyed myself quite a bit when I’ve been able to throw it right back at him in front of them. He is an utterly nasty piece of work and probably the only person here that I detest with every fiber of my being. The board would be much better and more welcoming place without him here.

Now, as for my supposedly returning to the board, I’ve never gone away. I’ve merely cut way back, and for a variety of reasons. Foremost among them is that I simply no longer have the time to devote to the place that I used to have. Frank and his ilk would like to have people think I stopped posting here out of shame or embarrassment over the Paterno thread, but they’re either kidding themselves or dishonestly trying to persuade other posters to believe it, but it just ain’t so. I have and will continue to post whenever time and inclination moves me, and I’ll continue to back off and post less also whenever time and inclination so moves me.

And now if you’ll excuse me, I’d prefer to spend what little time I have to spend here fighting the idiotic mob mentality in the Cosby threads.

What the hell do you think I have to regret? By sticking to the facts I almost single-handedly debunked all the ridiculous claims being made about Joe Paterno and Woody Allen and left the members of their respective lynch mobs sputtering in defeat. In the case of Bill Cosby, there may be nothing to debunk or maybe there will. But the truth certainly isn’t going to come out by blindly swallowing every claim, wildly exaggerating the nature of lesser events, and ignoring the facts in the case of many of these women whose claims are patently and transparently false.

If you think I have anything to regret in fighting that bulshit you would be quite wrong.

And now that’s all I’m gonna have to say in this thread…unless I decide to come back, in which case I’ll say more. :smiley:

Oh, as Steve Jobs was wont to say, there’s one more thing: :wink:

As conservatives, we’re big on individual responsibility and inclined to let each other fight their own battles. Nowhere on this board will anyone find conservatives ganging up on someone like our liberal brethren are so fond of doing around here, nor are we inclined to come riding to each other’s defense. Occasionally a couple of us will post similar ideas in the same thread, but none of us have ever made a habit of mounting a spirited argument in defense of other conservative posters. This point has been raised more than once around here and it’s indicative of mhendo’s own mendacity that he keeps trying to frame it as being unique to me.

Be that as it may, however, I never take into account whether my fellow conservatives may agree with me or not. One can’t post honestly if he’s constantly tailoring his comments out of concern that someone else won’t like or approve of what he has to say. So I say what I have to say and am content to let the chips fall where they may. It has always been thus.

Real conservatives don’t support proven enablers of child rape, you loathsome piece of shit. You talk about people taking responsibility for their actions, but that’s exactly what Paterno and Sandusky failed to do. Hypocritical fuckbag.

This just in: when everyone on SDMB hates you, it’s probably because you’re a douchebag.

And…? I thought that was the purpose of the Pit.

Starving’s having a Rashomon moment…

I found it a good thing to not see his name in the threads I was reading. He is dishonest and buffs his dishonesty to a fine glow for virtually every post he makes. He is thoughtless, heartless, soulless, and useless.

He prides himself on his mendacity. His ability to ignore evidence that he is lying knows no limits. He regrets nothing. He is a walking, talking, typing pustule.

I disagree that pitting him is uncalled for, and as for being mean–I certainly hope so.

You’re hilarious. You can’t even get the most basic things right, can you?

I was bitten by a dog in July of 2007, and you had earned my animus well before that by being exactly the type of dishonest moron that i’ve described above. Here’s a post from January 2007 where i ask if you’re retarded and whether or not you live in fantasyland, as well as pointing out the idiocy of your “arguments.” Here’s one from 2005 where i express amazement at how stupid you are. For me, i think my first realization that you were incapable of honest and rational debate came in a long death-penalty thread in 2004.

I would also add that your response to my dog-bite incident was clearly a product of the resentment you felt about me pointing out your idiocy in various threads on this board.

It is true that i did that for a while, but my main observation was that i wasn’t going to engage you as if you were a rational and honest debater, because you’re not. Now, i restrict myself to pointing out your dishonesty and stupidity, as a public service to others.

I have to concede that you are right about this. All it shows, however, is that the enjoyment i get from this place outweighs any inconvenience i feel at having to engage with morons and assholes like you, and shitty moderators like the person in question.

I’d be interested to see this alleged post i made to Bricker. I’m afraid that, given your record, i’m not going to trust your summary of my argument.

I wear your detestation with pride. It’s a badge of honor, coming from you.

I’ll tell you what, here’s a chance for you to get rid of me. Why don’t you start a poll asking which one of us—you or me—people would prefer to have around? We can agree on a minimum number of voters, and on any other criteria for who is allowed to vote. Then, after the poll, the loser agrees to leave and never come back. That would allow you to test your theories about whether or not my departure would be felt to be an improvement to the board.

If his purpose in the Paterno thread was to distract attention away from former Penn State employees, he most certainly ‘won’. Way to take one for the team!

You are no Steve Jobs. Goddamn rape apologist is what you are.

One of my favorite (as in, not sure whether to laugh or feel immense pity) posts from SA is this one, in which he expounds on naked hugs in the shower between men and boys, and how they happen all over the world and are probably mostly innocent.