Do you like sriracha sauce?

I’m rapidly coming to the realization that pretty much all foods only exist to serve as a transportation vessel…to get the Huy Fong sriracha sauce from the bottle to my mouth.

I do. I’ve also found that I like it much better on cold foods than on hot foods. IME, spicy foods, when hot, are much spicier. So I might be able to put a little on a pizza just to add some kick, but I can put quite a bit on a sandwich and really get the full flavor out of it without burning the skin off the inside of my mouth.

I’ve also found that if I’m at a restaurant or buying something from the store that’s sriracha flavored, I tend not to like it as much. I don’t know if I’m used to Huy Fong brand or if other brands just aren’t as good*. Heinz sriracha ketchup, for example, tasted awful to me (honestly, tasted like vomit). I’d much rather just mix it myself if I’m going that route.

*My guess is that other brands, as tends to be the case with any popular brand vs the less popular ones, don’t use as much sugar.

They aren’t really equivalent, but we don’t keep ketchup in the house but run through Sriracha regularly.

So, so much, I like Siracha! We eat a ton of it, (and it’s not even our favorite chilli sauce!)

I like it, but it seems to be over-exposed. Like ghost peppers, habaneros before that, chipotles before that, and jalapeños before that, and…

I keep a large bottle of Huy Fong at home, and a small bottle of Trader Joe’s at the office. Trader Joe’s is nice, but not as hot and I like Huy Fong better.

I love it. I go through about a big bottle (the Huy Fong one) every month or two. Great on almost anything savory – I especially like it on pasta.

Good on pizza and on eggs, among other things.

And hot dogs with peanut butter, as you pointed out. :slight_smile:

yes, but not on everything.

Love it. I go through periods where I put it in just about everything. I love that it has heat without being a vinegar blast, and actual flavor underneath the heat.

Sometimes I like to cut it with a bit of ketchup, too.

I love spicy food, but Sriracha just doesn’t do it for me.

I wish there was a spicier version but I use it liberally. It’s also a good substitute for chutney for Indian food.

I like it fine, but it’s not a must-have around the house. That said, about half the time I have it, though I’ve been out for a couple months now and haven’t remembered to stock up.

The Thai brands I’ve tried have actually been a good bit sweeter than Huy Fong.

A friend turned me onto Huy Fong Sriracha back in '97 when it was still kind of hard to find. I haven’t been without a bottle since then.

It’s not for everything, but it really is remarkable how many foods it’s good with.

Has anyone tried sriracha ketchup?

Yellowbird Sauce.

I don’t like it. Tastes awful, kind of like sugary/spicy vomit to me.

I like it okay. Certainly better than ketchup, especially with French fries. But I tend to leave it alone when it comes to other foods, although sopping the hamburger in the fries’ sauce is also good.