Band Names

Can we find a new schtick? That, and the “Hi Opal,” are beginning to grate.

And no, suggesting “Hi Opal,” as a band name would not be funny right now.

BAND NAME!!!

running like hell

We could always go back to sing-a-long threads.

::: pulls up a couple of comfy chairs, pushes UncleBeer into one of them ::::

::: hands unclebeer a beer and some pretzels :::

What…

Why are you looking at me like that…

I just feel like being nice…

:smiley:

Hey, I’m approaching 500 – we could have a post count party!!
<crickets>

Y’know, I just thought of a great name for a frat-playing jam band:

Uncle Beer.

::d&r::

Hey, wouldn’t it be funny if this thread and the next thread made some kind of sequential thread title joke.

Or maybe not.

Well, I was glad when jarbaby created a separate thread for it. I mean, who wouldn’t go see a band called “Jiff and the Choosy Moms”? I’m so stealing that if I ever form a band, and y’all can eat me, on WonderBread with jelly.

But constantly hijacking other threads to point out band names is pretty annoying.

Anyway, isn’t this a high school activity, you know, where you sit around and decide if it’s a band name, a euphemism for the penis, or both? Example: Power Sausage.

:d&r:

Hey! My friends band in New York was called “Extra Sausage”! The t-shirts were pretty cool.

Uncle Beer is correct, of course. Way too much time has been spent on the names of the bands, and almost no time has been spent on album names.

Pick up * Prehensile Anus*, the new album from Cuntfunnel, featuring the hit single Hi Opal.

I want to say that “That would be a good name for a band,” like “I am not making this up,” originated with Dave Barry.

-Myron
apropos of nothing

Heh. There’s a local Toledo band that calls themselves, Uncle Sandwich. I 'spect Uncle Chips ann-a Pickle has gotta be next.

I’ve a difficult time believing that nobody said those things before him.

Now you have to pay for a n - Uh, I mean, I just laughed a great deal at this. Then I had to explain it all to my roommate, which took ten minutes.

(And it’s Rectum, dear, not Anus.)

Anal Cunt has the song titles covered for us. The following are the real titles of real songs off of their albums, Top 40 Hits, 40 More Reasons to Hate Us, and I Like it When You Die:
[ul]
[li]Pepe, the Gay Waiter[/li][li]Living Colour is My Favorite Black Metal Band[/li][li]Stayin’ Alive (Oi! Version)[/li][li]Don’t Call Japanese Hardore Jap Core[/li][li]Breastfeeding JM J.Bullock’s Toenail Collection[/li][li]Fore Play with a Tree Shredder[/li][li]I Liked Earache Better when Dig Answered the Phone[/li][li]Old Lady Across the Hall with no Life[/li][li]Face It, Your A Metal Band[/li][li]Everyone In Allston Should Be Killed[/li][li]You Look Divorced[/li][li]I Hope You Get Deported[/li][li]Al Stankus Is Always On The Phone With His Bookie[/li][li]Johnny Violent Getting His Ass Kicked By Morrisey[/li][li]You’re A Trendy Fucking Pussy[/li][li]Tom Arnold[/li][li]Big Pants, Big Loser[/li][li]Everyone In The Music Underground Scene Is Stupid[/li][li]Jack Kevorkian Is Cool[/li][li]You Are An Interior Decorator[/li][li]You Live In Allston[/li][li]You Are A Food Critic[/li][li]Your Band’s In The Cut-Out Bin[/li][li]You Look Adopted[/li][li]You Drive An IROC[/li][li]You Sell Cologne[/li][li]You Live In A Houseboat[/li][li]311 Sucks[/li][li]You Go To Art School[/li][li]Your Best Friend Is You[/li][li]No, We Don’t Want To Do A Split Seven Inch With Your Stupid Fucking Band[/li][li]Ha Ha, Your Wife Left You[/li][li]You Went To See Dishwalla And Everclear (You’re Gay)[/li][li]Kyle From Incantation Has A Moustache[/li][/ul]

Thank you. And this is precisely WHY i started the Master Band List thread. So other threads wouldn’t be hijacked. You could simply cut and paste the band name into the Master list and we can all giggle about it there!

It never really caught on though. I mean, as compared to the Welcome Wagon or the Recipe Thread or Ask The Gay Guy or whatever.

jarbaby

I’ll be auditioning for lead guitar and bass on Thursday.

Shit, Unc, you gots the power. Why not start banning people who commit these offenses? Solve the problem right quick, and you wouldn’t have to start a thread begging people to get original.

wonder if she should also duck and run

My friend’s band, *The Incontinentals[\i] while trying to find just the right moniker for their band actually did name one of their songs “Cool Band Names”
[Bill Clinton]
“I never had sex with that Moniker.”
[/Bill Clinton]

DIE, ITALICS, DIE!!!