106 Year Old Nun Registers To Vote

Here is the link to the story.

Interesting story, and you might be surprised who she intends to vote for.

Nope. Not surprised at all. Why would we be surprised?

Awww, she was adorable! That story gave me the warm-fuzzies.

As we all know, the over 105 Catholic demographic is the key to electoral victory.

My grandmother votes! She’s 103, and this will be her 21st straight presidential election. The first time she voted for a president, it was Herbert Hoover.

Though honestly, I thought Obama’s proposed federal program to put a waterslide in every Convent was pretty shameless pandering to the 106 year-old nun demographic.

Heh, every vote helps. :slight_smile:

Ooh, you’re right. Often, with my slow computer, I skip video bits, but I just watched it. Quite adorable! I think I want a pet nun. :slight_smile:
AND she read the newspapers and I bet she can remember which ones she reads.:smiley:

Last June I attended my high school class’ 40th anniversary reunion. A few of the teachers were there and I was delighted to see Mrs. Ashby, the school librarian, was one of them. I was one of the library geeks so we knew each other quite well. Now, this woman was the first librarian when the school opened in 1956 and she stayed until she retired around 1980. At 96 she was pretty frail but her mind was still sharp, and she had driven herself to the event. She said all the other people at the nursing home were jealous. Pretty amazing.

So what was that about waterslides, Simplicio?

You mean its not Cthulhu? I am surprised, then.