14 k of g in a f p d

[QUOTE=Cemetery Savior]
All:

Actually, this comes from a “Mensa Test” at the attached link. It’s a fun way to kill a half-hour.

Mensa Test

To stoke the competitive fires, I got 22 in the allowable time frames.

And no, I didn’t get this one. :smack:

-Cem
[/QUOTE]

And which one of those 5 tests in that link is this one from?

[QUOTE=robardin]
Yah, I took a similar 30-question test (in an Excel spreadsheet form) last year and scored all 30. Which is why I’m bummed at being stumped for this long on this one.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was the first 33-question set exactly, and I should warn others that you may actually be “too smart” for some of the questions. I sent a complaint to the email attached to my version (GavinJSummers@Yahoo.co.uk) that while I eventually figured out “23 P of C in the H B” stood for…

“23 Pairs of Chromosomes in the Human Body”

and that this was factually wrong since…

it is the Human Genome that has 23 pairs of chromosomes; the human body of course contains many, many more, as each cell (not counting sperm/egg cells) has 23 pairs.

I notice that this question is still phrased incorrectly at this site (even though he actually replied in email that I was right), so if this is another “stupid question mistake” I’ll be really annoyed.

Hmm… any Javascript (if that’s what it uses) gurus here that can hack the test page for the answer? This is killing me!

[QUOTE=Cemetery Savior]
All:

Actually, this comes from a “Mensa Test” at the attached link. It’s a fun way to kill a half-hour.

Mensa Test

To stoke the competitive fires, I got 22 in the allowable time frames.

[/QUOTE]

I didn’t see a half-hour time limit specified… In fact, at the bottom it says “there is no time limit”.

If you are artificially imposing a half-hour time limit then I only got 27 of them in the first half hour. I banged my head for another hour and a half or so to get the remaining 6, with about half an hour just for the last one (which I’ve spoilered in an earlier reply).

OK, so the OP question wasn’t actually on any of those pages. Are we being hoaxed here or what?

Well, just because there is a similar test on the web, doesn’t mean this problem was from that list. There are variations on the theme, after all. But given that nobody’s come up with a halfway possible guess, I still wonder if mittu can tell us where s/he got it from… if it was made up by somebody, it could be really made-up or esoteric. If it’s a newspaper, it’s probably half-way solvable.

According to this site:

http://freedomfriends.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=126

The words “Kingdom of God” appear 14 times in the New Testament. But I have no idea what f p g might be.

[QUOTE=Walter Windchill]
Well, just because there is a similar test on the web, doesn’t mean this problem was from that list.
[/QUOTE]

No, but Cemetery Savior said it was:

14 keys…?
14 knives…?

Just trying to come up with some more Ks that haven’t been thought of.

[QUOTE=Colophon]
No, but Cemetery Savior said it was:
[/QUOTE]

Oops…so I did. It looked familiar, and I knew I missed some, so I assumed it was on there.

Please, no-one remind me about the “assume” saying…I get it.

-Cem

My mind is leading me along:

“14 kinds of G in a four part D”

I’m stuck on “14 kilos of gold in (something that weighs 450 troy ounces and starts with F P D)”

I can’t help thinking that the F is “fourteen”.

Does “a flat panel display” help any? I don’t know anything about flat panel displays, but the letters fit.

Calling mittu - where the hell did you see this thing?

[QUOTE=Crotalus]
Does “a flat panel display” help any? I don’t know anything about flat panel displays, but the letters fit.
[/QUOTE]

I was trying to shoehorn that one last night. Couldn’t make anything fit.
I’m partial to “14 Kinds of Guilt in a Fudge Pudding Dessert”

14 kinds of Gendarme in a French Police Department?

Would it be indicated in the puzzle if any of the words were hyphenated, a la

f p d

four-point d____ ?

[QUOTE=wolfman]
14 kinds of Gendarme in a French Police Department?
[/QUOTE]
Woah! I’ve just been researching gendarmes due to this very answer. The answer: gendarmes are actually only military police, and use of the word for French police is a misuse of the term in the English language. :frowning:

Wish I’d never opened this thread.

14 kings of Germany in a Franco-Prussian dynasty