20 year reunion?

I got a call last night from a lady I went to high school with, she wanted my address so she could send me the information and the invitation to attend our 20th high school reunion which is going to be held on June 14th.

20th ??? That’s almost half a lifetime ago for me.

Holy crap… I’m old.

I missed the ten year reunion because my first wife didn’t want to go. I believe we separated shortly afterwards and have been divorced for nearly ten years. Now there’s an anniversary worth celebrating.

At least this time I’ll get to bring my trophy wife… :smiley:

Hope you have a great time! I went to my 10th - it was disappointing. There were no more after that. Last year should have been our 30th. So just hush about getting old, young 'un! :stuck_out_tongue:

My 30th was last year too – but I graduated a year early. The folks I went to junior high with (but haven’t seen since – I moved to California the summer after 9th grade) are going to be in Philly for their 30th this weekend. I’m having dinner with a few people Friday night – that should be extremely surreal. I have not seen any of these people since 1970.

Sorry about the hijack, Feynn (you pen-loving weirdo) – yeah yeah, getting old, hafl your lifetime, blah blah, bummer.

Just 20? Oh please you are a mere child. My high school class had its 30th last year. I didn’t go. Nobody would have believed I’m old enough to be in the same high school class as all those old geezers anyway! :smiley:

What really made me feel old was my 25th college reunion. I swear, they let 12 year olds into college these days. All those college students were so young! No way were any of 'em 18-23 years old.

My class had one for 10 (didn’t make it) and 15 (made that one). We didn’t have one for 20 and this year is 25, and I haven’t heard anything so far. I don’t live that far away from my high school, and I frequently bump into people I went to school with, so I’m not hard to find. Too bad. I was looking forward to it.

My 30th is next year and I’m going if it kills me (and it probably will!). Reunions are fun if you don’t get your bowels in an uproar in anticipation of everyone being beautiful and successful but you. Just go and be yourself. Everyone else is in the same boat. It’s supposed to be fun!

I went to my 20th in 2000. Don’t know if they’ll have a 25 or not. My high school reunions are nice, but that’s mainly a perk of having gone to school on the Gulf Coast of Florida. So we get some hotel rooms and drink and hang at the beach for the weekend. What was amazing was how young most everyone looked. I’m assuming that the old and out of shape folks stayed home (me excepted, of course).

My 20th is this year as well. I don’t think I’ll bother going. All the people I liked, I’m still in touch with… all the people I didn’t like will probably be there. If I went, it would be for all the wrong reasons. Good luck with yours though, and don’t listen to those 30th anniversary people… you are a geezer. :smiley:

Holy crap… some of you are really old. Except FCM… :smiley:

I might have to look through the old yearbook and see what people looked like then… I don’t think I’ve changed much… it wasn’t that long ago that I was getting Id’d for smokes.

It looks like it should be a good time and since it will be held in my hometown the chicklets can see their grandma while Lola and I party the night away to those unforgettable hits of the 80’s.

:smiley:

My 20th was last year. Didn’t go. Don’t regret it. Only one guy from my “group” attended. He said that of all of us, I was the one that everyone was curious about. That suprised me but I am still glad I didn’t go. If I’m still alive for the 50th, I might go to that one.

Haj

Feynn –

A classmate who’d been to the 10th said, “It was a group of people fresh out of school trying to impress each other that they were running General Motors.”

I haven’t lived in Cleveland since leaving college and kept little contact with everyone. The 20th reunion was marvelous: some great stories and a guy that I’d roomed with as a freshman in college was living only a mile from us in Chicago. One of the great stories was a national figure who’d changed his name; run TV ads everywhere for his company – and I was the one person who didn’t have a clue that he’d been in our class.

The kids that I remembered best were the ones with whom I’d attended elementary school. You find that you have a lot in common.

My only fear walking in was that I’d missed the funeral of a close friend’s father 15 years earlier. What would I say to him? Well, he walks up and says, “I’ll never forget how you stopped by when you were in town from Washington, DC the weekend after my father died. It’s so good to see you!”

It’s a good chance to reprove the 5 degrees of freedom theory. You’ll find lots of crossed lines. And some funny stories.

Best regards,

Mooney252

This is my 25th, and they’re not having a reunion. That they’re telling me about… they had one two years ago, for our 23rd. Maybe in another three years they’ll have one on the 28th.

Must be a bunch of Champions players in my graduating class.

My 20th is coming up in 2005, I will go. I went to the 10th but missed the 15th.

I have actually gotten close with a couple of women I went to HS with, but back then we were in different “circles.” They were very social and “all that” and I was a drama girl who got loaded a lot! But it turns out we were in the same circle after all! I see them at 12 step meetings! Ha ha.

Sure, reunions are kind of lame, but you can still have fun if you don’t take it too seriously!

I went to my 10 year and my 20 year.

They didn’t have a 25 :frowning:

Last week I started the planning for the 30 for 2005. I’m so stupid :smack: