2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Would anybody buy one?

I’m looking to sell my 2000 Acura Integra GSR to buy one. i know i’m out a bunch on the depreciation but is the Jeep Wrangler a solid vehicle otherwise?

thanks in advance

peppy

Why do you want to buy a Jeep?

That’s the first question you need to answer. In my case, it was because the Porsche didn’t have enough room to carry my gear. So I bought a 1999 Cherokee Sport. In addition, I like to get off the pavement once in a while. I also like to camp. If you want the Jeep for in-town use, you’re probably better off with the Acura. The Acura will be more reliable in the long run, need less maintenance, and also get better gas mileage.

Jeeps have good 4.0 litre engines. If you want a Wrangler, don’t get the four cylinder. You’ll get terrible mileage on the freeway, and if you go off-road you’ll want more power. I’m not too keen on the Wrangler’s styling, what with all of the plastic on the inside. For a vehicle in that class I’d look for an old Toyota FJ-40 or a Jeep CJ-5 or CJ-7 (but I like the FJ-40 better). I used to have a '48 Willy’s CJ-2A, and I wouldn’t mind having another one of those. But the Wranglers are more stable than the older Jeeps, which were prone to roll-over if you didn’t know what you were doing.

There are a great number of Wranglers prowling L.A. Many of them are older '80s models, and many of them are brand new. A co-worker had one, and she loved it. She sold it recently though, because it was not the best vehicle for transporting her ailing father. Trash companies here have hydraulic lifts on Wranglers, and they are used for bringing dumpsters out of alleys so that the trash trucks can empty them.

A Jeep is, at its heart, a “working vehicle”. To earn its kep, a vehicle needs to be “solid”, as you say. You could make a much worse choice, but I’m wondering what’s wrong with the Acura.

buy one?i had one and it was a piece of crap. just kidding, it was great. it sucks now though cause my bloody ex-girlfriend took me for all i was worth.
i didn’t realize that i wasn’t allowed to have side dishes. that selfish ho!

moral of the story - stick to the main course, regardless of how unappetizing and foul it may be.