2010 Wnter Olympics, and Birch Bay

I see that Spielberg is coming out with a movie about the 1972 Munich Olympics. That reminded me that the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino are coming up in a couple of months. And that reminded me that the 2010 Winter Olympics are coming to Vancouver.

I live in Birch Bay, WA, just a few miles from the Canadian border. I should attend the Olympic Games. Will I? I don’t know. I don’t much care for going to events alone, and I don’t know anyone who is as interested as I am. Anyway, the thing about Birch Bay is that it’s close to the border. It’s only about 30 miles or so to Vancouver. I’ll bet I could make some extra money by letting out my two extra bedrooms. Assuming I move into the big bedroom, I can put two people in my current bedroom and one in the small one. Or I could sleep in my current bedroom and there would be space for four or more people (depending upon how friendly they are) in the big bedroom, plus one in the little one. Or I could sleep in the little bedroom and let out the other two.

At this stage though, I don’t even know if I’ll be here. Depends on the business at the studio. Will we stay here after finishing the film? Our lead actor’s wife has found four jobs in L.A., and he can get more work down there. We have a name for ourselves up here, and there is a lot more competition down south. But there are a hundred times more people too. Larger customer base. I don’t have any income now. I’ll get paid if the film sells. When the wedding season starts again I’ll get some money. And there’s a lot of potential for commercial videos here – especially after we finish the film. Prestige sells. But I always like to have a back-up plan. It’s possible that I’ll move back to L.A. and get a real job.

But I’ll keep the house.