2017 Triple Crown

Well, it’s Kentucky Derby day. With American Pharoah winning in 2015, it took some of the interest away, as I could no longer say “never in my lifetime has there been a Triple Crown winner.” Still, though, it’s fun to watch.

Looks like it’s going to be a sloppy track, with not much history for most of the horses on a bad track like that. Classic Empire might be the best pick on a sloppy track, though I could see Irish War Cry as well. I might take a longer shot on Tapwrit as well to win, especially if it stays near 20-1.

I’m going to predict Irish War Cry, Classic Empire, and Tapwrit in that order for the trifecta.

Post time is 6:34 PM. Any interest?

14 Win
14-5 Exacta box.
14-5-15 Trifecta box.

Last year I had the Superfecta horses, but failed to box. Rookie mistake.

Win pick: #5 Always Dreaming. This pony appeared to still have gas in the tank when he won the Florida Derby 1-1/8 miles in less than 1:48. The sloppy track is a wild card, however.

Trifecta wheel picks: 5 / 9,10,15 / 9,10,11,15

Looks like you were right. Always Dreaming won.

Okay, it’s the Preakness. Always Dreaming is the obvious favorite, Classic Empire is still looking for the upset, the rest of the field looks kinda meh, and I like Conquest Mo Money in the trifecta.

Always Dreaming is the top contender for the Triple Crown this year :slight_smile: If he doesn’t win everybody ignores the Belmont.

I’m glad the TC won’t happen this year. People obsess over it so much, the instant the Kentucky Derby ends it’s “OHMYGODDOYOUTHINKHEWILLWINTHETRIPLECROWN?”

There is no event on television more suited to the DVR and fast forward than Triple Crown coverage. And no advertiser that you get sick of after hearing about them only three days a year like Yum! Foods.

I’m definitely interested and I tune in every year. I’m fortunate that the first year I ever tuned in was 1973 and I got to see Secretariat’s amazing TC, when I was 11. And then Seattle Slew in 1977 and Affirmed in 1978! TCs are a common occurrence. Yeah, right.

So,
Always Dreaming in 2:03.59 won the Kentucky Derby
Cloud Computing in 1:55.98 won the Preakness Stakes

And the Belmont is on 6/10. Cool. Going to Louisville for a Derby is on the bucket list.