2022 NHL off-season

Just noticed the preseason has started. The years of screwy Covid scheduling is over!

Just before the season gets under way, Hockey Canada is {{{seriously}}} screwing up.
In the face of criticism about a climate fostering alleged sexual assault, HC decided to handwave it away, and so the consequences are happening.

Sponsors like Tim Horton’s, Scotiabank, and then yesterday Telus now have nothing to do with the men’s hockey programs for the 2022-23 season, including the upcoming World Juniors tournament.

Related articles:

Huh. To update a couple hours later, ole Justin has weighed in:

And a couple more sponsors bailed recently. Awesome seeing the pushback.

Ah, good ole Torts…

Poor, poor Flyers. :slightly_frowning_face:
Great look on Hayes’s face.

Maybe Torts should ring up Peter Laviolette and find out how much his players drink!

I don’t know, if I had to deal with Torts every day, I don’t think I could stay dry. Could you?

I’d actually love to meet Torts, have a non alcoholic beverage of choice with him. I’ve followed the Blue Jackets over the years, was at the first Blue Jackets game. He had a podcast when he was with the Jackets and seems quite active in animal rescue. But, yeah, if I worked for him, I don’t think I’d stay sober

I’d like to pound boilermakers with him and then start needling him. :slightly_smiling_face: