2022 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

"There are people who loved Ken Starr who are sad today. People are multifaceted and their loss of a friend or family member is no less real because of the things he did in his public life. But Ken Starr blithely visited real harm on people who are no less real.

“And his career exacted a toll upon the fabric of the nation’s politics and — through Kavanaugh — legal system that will continue to reverberate.”

I think Monica Lewinsky said it best in her tweet:

“as i’m sure many can understand, my thoughts about ken starr bring up complicated feelings… but of more importance, is that i imagine it’s a painful loss for those who love him.”

While I see Lewinsky’s point, I’ve got to admit that my thought is that those who still loved him when he died had to turn a blind eye to a great deal of awfulness, and it’s hard to feel much sympathy for anyone who did so. He deserved to die alone and unloved.

Now known as Too Dead Fred.

And my 2023 short list just got shorter.

I’d be happy for my 2023 list to get shorter ahead of time. #1 on the list is Pete Arredondo, so you know where my names are coming from.

Well, I think somebody may have loved Napoleon Bonaparte, Joseph Stalin, Ted Bundy, etc. I am willing to leave those people be, as long as they are willing to refrain from telling me to shut up about what a monster the person in question was.

Henry Silva, dead at 95.

So now it’s Ocean’s O.

I sort of remember the name Jeff Innis when he played against the Expos. Damn, he was born only ten days before me. I remember Stearns too, a catcher with a couple of decent years. David West I don’t recall but damn, another passing younger than me.

Life is like golf: you want the lowest score.

Bullshit or Not?

Dead. Any search engine. My ancient phone hates copy and drag.

Not. Link for confirmation.

Sorry. That was a deep cut. Only those who’ve seen Amazon Women on the Moon many ( or in my case many,many, many times) would get the joke :slight_smile:

I’ve seen it a couple of times, and just didn’t catch the reference.

I had no idea she was still alive. Now she ain’t.