2024 NBA Playoffs

Something just popped up on my cell to the effect that Curry is hinting that he no longer wants to play with Klay and Draymond. Anybody else heard anything about this? I wouldn’t blame anybody for not wanting to be around Green’s antics and negativity. Or is this just click bait?

Haven’t seen anything, the only thing about Curry I see on the NBA subreddit is him talking about Wiggins and it’s all positive.

Likewise, I read that Klay probably won’t be a Warrior next year, as he’s set to become a free agent.

Miami over Chicago and New Orleans over Sacramento for the 8 seeds.

A couple of less-than-exciting games. I really thought both games would be close, but Chicago never showed up, and NO outplayed the Kings for the last 3 quarters.

And here we go, Orlando at Cleveland game 1.

Well that was an embarrassment of a shooting display by Orlando.

Timberwolves over Phoenix by 25, a right proper thrashing. The Wolves’ #1 defense was certainly evident, and Edwards lit things up with (I think) 33 points, while Booker and Beal were held to teens. Keep it up, boys.

And New York beats Philly. No surprises in the first day of the playoffs, besides how badly the Suns and Magic did.

OKC dodges a bullet at home. New Orleans blew opportunities in the final minutes. They could have stolen this one. But OKC triumphs in game 1.

Wow, my Pacers got spanked in Game 1.

Sixers had a five point lead over the Knicks with 47 seconds left. NY outscored Philly 8-0 in those 47 seconds and won by 3. Total choke job by the 76ers down the stretch.

What a great double header! The Knicks game, then that Nuggets game. Wow!

MN needs to win this second home game tonight to give them a cushion. Phoenix will come out swinging, so the D has to be at its best and not get rattled by an early lead.

I was watching old NBA footage last night and I miss how they’d put a giant golden Larry O’Brien trophy sticker over midcourt of the playing court (like, 30 feet long) during the NBA Finals. Made it all feel more Finals-like.

It’s only the first half but so far I am not seeing the #1 defense in the league. That, or the Suns are just very gifted offensively.

It was a good game for awhile, but the Pacers answered an 8-0 third-quarter run from Milwaukee admirably and dominated the rest of the way, winning 125-108.

So far, we’re the only road team to win a Game 2 this year. The series goes back to Indianapolis tied 1-1, and we have home-court advantage in the now-best-of-five series.

At one point, with the Pacers up by 20, the Pacers’ radio announcer said, “It looks like the Bucks have never played basketball before.”

Yeah, that was a sorry-assed performance and they were lucky to only be down a point at the half. Sloppy play and the Suns bottled up Edwards pretty well. Coach must have reamed their asses at half-time. At least they pulled out the W and go to Phoenix 2-0.

Damian Lillard must be ready to throw in the towel on his career at this point.

Well, he’s shown consistently that he’s really good when playing “alone”…but can’t lead his team (Portland, Milwaukee) to important wins in such situations….

….but when he’s part of a “dynamic duo,” he’s even less reliably effective.