"24" Season 2, Episode 10 - 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (SPOILERS)

Damn you Marie for shooting my Resa!!!

You know, as scheming as Sherri is, I wouldn’t put it past her to doublecross Stanton. She may be setting him up so she can be the hero and get back in Palmer’s bed.

We need someone who can read lips to tell us what Jack whispered to Nina.

I think Kim should have stayed behind with Miguel. Now she’s a fugitive, but if she had stayed, the cops may have cut her some slack for calling in an accident. I pointed out to Ivylad that SDMB likes to watch Kim run…he saw what I meant and agrees wholeheartedly.

Do Muslims pray at certain times of the day? I know devout Muslims pray five times a day, and when Kate told Jack that Sayud mentioned praying for the last time Jack looked at his watch. I took this to mean it was almost Prayer Time.

No Lynn this episode…hmmm. And yes, we have two Star Trek alums in this show…Ensign Ro and Sherri, who played Sisko’s SO.

Regarding the previews for the next show…

Are women allowed in the same mosques as men to pray?

[Elton John]
Bi-itch, bi-itch.
The Bitch is ba-ack.
[/Elton] Right when the President was giving the ex-Mrs. Palmer kudos for her work, I mentioned to my daughter that I thought she was in cahoots with Stanton.

It’s the ONLY prediction I’ve gotten right this entire season. :rolleyes:

Great episode.

We didn’t see Lynn at all this episode, something tells me that Palmer knew this ex wasn’t on his side totally, and he got Lynn to watch her and Stanton covertly. So next episode we’ll get a scene like “Oh and Sherri, I had Lynn watching you, so now permit me to demonstrate how much ass I can actually kick.”

I totally agree with this! She’s too smart! She is a language expert. And she’s a sneaky female. Plus, she wanted George to step down while he’s in the process of dying! That’s a sure sign of a Bad Girl, IMHO.

Well, next week is the big premiere of AMERICAN IDOL. FOX has probably stretched it out to include the 24 time period, damn them!
Then on the 28th, it’s State of the Union address time.
24 will be back at the start of the February sweep!
Remember, there are only 24 episodes and they’ve got to stretch through May, so we’ve got to miss a few weeks in there.

I agree! There’s something really weird about Kate’s lips. Can’t put my finger on it, but her mouth bothers me.

I’m not reading, I’m just posting to say how glad I am that the epsiode 10 thread managed to float back to the top. I peaked in last night and saw the episode 9 thread near the top and ep. 10 on page 2 and started to worry.

Good thread. Gooooooooooooooood thread.

I too think that Marie is in love with Sayed Ali, probably from when they lived in Saudi Arabia. Whether she knew about the bomb or not is questionable, I wouldn’t put it past Ali to have used her. Although didn’t Resa tell her about the bomb before they went to the Warner building? Also, I don’t get why she would go through with the whole wedding thing if she didn’t love Resa. I was a little disappointed with them making Marie evil, it seems too contrived. They better have a good connection for it.

I fell for Mrs. Palmer being good as well. Although I also think she’s going to doublecross Stanton for her own ends. I wouldn’t mind seeing her end up in prison after this season.

Seems like last year there were only two times when 24 was pre-empted. Once for the State of the Union address and another time that I can’t recall the reason for. Plus the last episode was a one-hour finale, not two hours like I thought it was going to be. It really impressed me that they pulled that off. Did the entire season in 26 weeks (half a year exactly) and then they did some mid season replacement I think.

Why does this year have to be so darned different? (rhetorical, I understand not wanting to show it on Christmas and New Years Eves, but damn.)

hightechburrito – Do you get the cable channel FX? If so, the replay is Monday at 11 PM on that channel.

I wondered the same thing. At this point, she obviously went in to the pres’ office in cahoots with Stanton, but maybe she’s working a triple-cross. Hell, maybe even a super-secret-double-triple-cross! Who the hell knows what the bitch is up to, at this point! :wink:

I agree, c_goat. She has to know something big is going on, even if she doesn’t know it’s a nuke. Just being in love with Ali wouldn’t give her reason to coldly shoot two CTU agents and her fiancee. To be willing and able to do that – well, she must have been recruited into some terrorist organization when the family was in the Middle East.

I think they were setting her up, I have a feeling she was bugged in some way when she made that call to the NSA director. The call and the stuff leading up to it just had a set-up kind of feel.

The two things I can think of that he could mention would be that he ressucitated her, or that she had broken her deal so the pres wasn’t going to pardon her (not true, but she doesn’t know it).
I like the way Jack is a such an all-around badass. He pulled her out of cover for the sniper without breaking a sweat, and gave her that little grin of his. Aside from that one incredibly poor decision in the previous episode, that it (when you’re fighting a bunch of guys with limited ammo, put your M-16 on semi-auto).

Scruffy Boyfriend didn’t have the lighter when they were in the station; when he fought the cops right before they put him in the car, he knocked it out of someone’s pocket and got it then. The camera paused on it for a second as they were forcing him into the car.

One theory: The NSA guy (who’s also apparently the coordinator for all of the intelligence agencies) probably doesn’t want it to go as planned; he wants some kind of big screw-up from the president and is using the real nuke plot to engineer one. His guys know exactly where the bomb is going to go off, and are set up to intercept the truck before it actually explodes, thus making him look good after the president gets smeared. Because Lackey #3 is driving the truck instead of the ones who know anything, though, the truck is going to be in the wrong place and there’s going to be a panic.

Ohooo…I just thought of something.
What if Stanton is Bob Warner’s contact at the CIA?

Stanton works for the NSA, not the CIA. We don’t know who his contact at the CIA is. Unless Stanton is his contact, and lied to him about who he was funneling information for.

I agree that maybe Palmer was setting up his ex-wife. Why is she still so involved with this major political event? I don’t get that at all.

We need to see more of the Lackey with the Bomb. He’s got to be just driving around aimlessly. He would have been at the house where Sayed Ali was by now, right?

Oh, and someone has to find the two dead guys sometime soon, and find the Pool Guy’s business card in the one guy’s pocket.
That’s how they’re going to find the truck with the bomb in it.

As long as we’re pointing out loose ends… what is the deal with Abusive Dad? Early on there was a lot of speculation that he was involved with the whole terrorist plot. I don’t think we’ve seen the end of him yet. Last time we saw him, wasn’t he lying in the parking lot at the hospital, after Scruffy Boyfriend kung-foo’d him?

We assumed he and his wife were going to the wedding of Marie and Reza, since the wife was wrapping what looked like a wedding present in the first hour, but you’re right, I don’t think we’ve seen him since the parking lot at the hospital.

Megan’s aunt (her mom’s sister) picked her up in the last hour, at the police station. Maybe the dad just took off?

Can somebody tell me, in one of those clever black spoiler-y boxes, what happened in the last 15 minutes? Of all shows for my vcr to go wack-o on in the last 15 minutes, this is the worst possible one. I was watching my tape this morning, just getting into it, and with about 15 minutes left the screen went all fuzzy. Naturally I am dying now trying to figure out what happened from all the earlier posts, and while I have a sense, it would be much appreciated if somebody could just spell it out for me in a spoiler box.

The last thing I saw was the president telling Sherry how he had forgotten how good she was at this, how he was glad she was there, how he knew she was “always” there. So… can somebody give me the goods?

Oh… and thanks in advance for whomever can save my tormented imaginings…

Don’t thank me, thank the good people at FOX.com for supplying a minute by minute recap of the show.

I’m assuming that parts of our government want a war. They want the attack to go through so they can trample the middle east, take all the oil, and make billions in defense contracts. War is good for business if your business is war.

Resa’s ex-fiance must be the girlfriend of Said Ali (and a convert to the religious/terrorist organization he is a part of) from when she grew up in SA. I suspect she knows of the bomb, and is planning to die with her man for their cause. Stupid bitch.

Really could have done without the “Hey, let’s go out sometime!” scene with Tony and what’s-her-token. Come on, that was some Junior High shit. This is 24 damnit. If they wanted some romantic shit in there, they should have screwed in the bathroom or something, you know, one last kick just in case. As it stands, there is like a million leads to sort out and they are talking about pizza and a movie. Give me a break.

Palmer’s (ex)wife is the all time biggest bitch I have ever seen. She makes Cruella Deville look kind and loving. What she gets out of the whole thing I’m not so sure. Either it’s just revenge for getting ditched, she gets a piece (financial) of the spoils of war, or she is the anti-christ come to set the end of days in motion.

I imagine Jack whispered to Nina that he will make sure she dies by the end of the day in a most painful manner. As she well knows, and has stated several times, no one can protect her from Jack. A little farfetched that she would come out and expose herself though. She would know they would have snipers set up. A bullet in his leg would have stopped him and she could have kept her cover. Of course him abandoning a machine gun and letting her get behind him was a little out there any way. That whole situation and resolution was poorly executed in my opinion. Great idea - she gets the drop on him and demands a pardon in advance - terrible way to go about it. Oh well.

Boy, Jack’s leg got better fast, huh?

Kim ran and ran. Finally. I think her shirt needs to get ripped soon, though. If she were running in a bra/bikini top the show would be much more realistic.

Anyone got Jack’s body count so far this season?

DaLovin’ Dj

This is a geek’s dream- there are multiple actors and actresses from both Star Trek and Babylon 5 shows here.

Eric?, the President’s fired advisor: was Data’s second-in-command on the Sutherland, prejudiced toward androids

Lynn- Ensign Ro
Sherry Palmer- Kasidy Yates, Sisko’s wife (widow)

Tamlyn Tomita, the Press secretary- 2nd in command on the first Babylon 5 episode

Daniel Dae Kim, the team leader first into Ali’s house- Matheson on Crusade

I wonder how many more?