24: Season 4: Episode 15 (9:00pm - 10:00pm)

Your post 54 had me going well enough on its own, but this put me over the edge–laughing that is.

I think we should start a thread sometime on the Straight Dope version of 24…

So do you just take the part and roll it in Pillsbury All Purpose to find the fracture, or what? :smiley:

Right, this was pretty contrived, but I think for an obvious reason. (Not a good reason…)

Clearly, Random Helper Chick could have just sent the tagged file back to whatever file system it needs to be in for Edgar to retrieve it. So realistically, the CD-R wasn’t necessary.

I figure that the likely reason was to have a more obvious visual for the viewer. “OOooooh, there’s the Important Missing Lead[sup]TM[/sup], and… ooh, he almost looked at it… and oops, there it goes back on the pile again.”

Of course, now I’m just waiting for them to have Edgar review the disc, realize it’s important, put it back on the stack, do something else, pick up the wrong disk to take to an urgent meeting, pop it into the CD-R player, and it’s… a video of him in the shower lip syncing to cheesy pop music and playing with his rubber ducky.

(What…? It’s been done…?!) :wink:

:smack: See, that’s what I get for not previewing. Anyway you’re not far off. Magnetic fluoroscopy use magnetic dust to find fractures.

Yes, that was him, Gary Brolsma, doing the Numa Numa Dance
(No, just kidding, the actor’s real name is Louis Lombardi. Gary Brolsma is the Numa Numa kid)

Didn’t he say he was doing the Jack/Behrooz swap just to keep CTU busy so they didn’t pick up on the pilot’s family being off’ed? And it worked… the CD with the info is sitting on Edgars desk because he’s too busy to look at it.

I didn’t think this episode was too bad.

Did anyone else think, when the nurse came out to tell Audrey about the surgery: Black female at CTU alert… Could be another mole!! :slight_smile: BTW, Audrey is sure helping a lot. When I’m really busy, I just love it when someone who has nothing to do keeps asking for updates.

BTW, what is “the cause.” I may have missed it. But I know that people believe in “the cause,” that they’re willing to go to great lengths for “the cause,” that they’re willing to die for “the cause,” that there’s a lot of money for “the cause,” that this has been planned for years to further “the cause,” that “the cause” is paramount.

But I don’t remember what the cause is. So far, it seems like “the United States sucks.” But there doesn’t seem to be a why. There’s no action that anyone seems to want the US to take. There’s no ulterior motive. It’s just “you really suck in a general non-specific manner.” And that seems like a lame cause to have engendered this much loyalty.

What is The Cause[sup]TM[/sup]???

Well, the US has done some suckky things in the past. However, I believe the End goal of The Cause©2005 by TC, is to make Americans afraid to stick their heads oudoors.

I don’t know what “the cause” is, but from Behrooz’s point of view, the actions of CTU in giving him up to Marwan, and getting his mom killed, are probably in line with all of the bad things he was told growing up.

I don’t understand Behrooz going along with the plan to be exchanged for Jack. I’d be all like “Yo, you’re not putting me in the hands of that crazy motherfucker Marwan. I’m safer in your torturing hands. Get Jack back a different way. If you want to exchange me then you’re gonna have to carry me there yourself. Otherwise, I’m walking out of here now. Give me forty bucks for cab fare, biotch.”

Kiefer: “Ok, you take his hands, and Soul Patch will take his feet”

Well, actually mine was a reference to Johnny English, but that works, too…

Well, he pretty much WAS carried there, without having a choice in the matter, at least until Black Bauer told him to get out at the fence. He did walk across the little bridge on his own, but where else was he going to go? He’s got Black Bauer on one side, Jack Bauer walking toward him on another, and thugs with guns at the end. That’s sort of a “Well it really sucks to be ME” moment, with a little “And I don’t even have a cute little blonde girlfriend any more either, dammit” sprinkled on top.

It could also be George Michael in braces, fumbling around with a curtain rod.

[QUOTE=John Mace

Did anyone else think, when the nurse came out to tell Audrey about the surgery: Black female at CTU alert… Could be another mole!! :slight_smile: .[/QUOTE]

I thought this for a second too. She had such a wierd look on her face. First she killed off Driscoll’s daughter, and now she is after Paul.

-Or-

A bad actress?

I can’t help but wonder if Marwan actually does have some use for Behrooz. If he didn’t, why even bother with the tracking check? Just put a bullet in his head and dump him on the side of the road. They already did that with his mother.

Heh heh – I do so love Arrested Development. :wink:

Although the Johnny English bit was specifically the picking up of the wrong disc, and singing in the shower.

But that Star Wars Kid parody on AD – pure gold!

Hmmm, this looks like an intersting episode:
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/03/24_hamburger.html

When Heller left last week he said the Prez had requested his presence at a meeting, if I remember correctly. And I agree that he is in this mess (on the bad sice) up to his piggy little eyeballs.

And to be catty, Audrey is not a very good looking woman. Too skinny. Too long a face, too pointy a nose. She makes me nervous.

That was definitely a T38/F5 in some of the earlier scenes. Now he’s flying a F117? Does not compute.