24: Season 4: Episodes 3-4 (9:00am - 11:00am)

That’s been a 24 cliche from the get-go. I remember joking with folks about Jack Bauer ordering at sandwich at Subway[sup]tm[/sup] back in 2001. :smiley:

The perverse thing is, it’s exactly that face that’s pushing my buttons. It’s getting harder and harder not to picture that expression on a nice silk pillow. It’s just so… coital.

La la la.

What they NEED to do … go to commercial at 11:32 with Jack walking into a restroom. Come back at 11:34 with Jack exiting the restroom looking refreshed. That’d be hilarious.

Debbie being poisoned was painfully obvious. I guess they had no choice. If the son has to shoot her, he either actually does it (making him unsympathetic) or he has to get out of doing it, meaning they blow the confrontation they’re trying to build up to and he may have to kill his mom. Ah well.

I’m also liking Chloe a lot more this season. It helps that the rest of CTU, save Edgar, are jerks and that she’s about the last familiar character. But she’s also being really helpful and she’s proved she cares about Andrew and Jack.

Anybody else really disturbed by the torturing-Richard storyline? I had trouble watching it. I have trouble believing that, even if he’s that arrogant, he’s hiding anything. In fact at this point I hope he knows nothing because I feel they don’t deserve any info they get from him.

That’s a commerical I would enjoy, especially if he cold clocked Jared at some point in it.

You are not alone.

(Shifty eyes.)

This conversation never happened.

Gentlemen, get a grip.
You must, after all, speak to her about something afterwards.
Good gad.

That’s hilarious. And yeah, that’s a big cliche- but so what? It wouldn’t be 24
without it. I’ve grown accustomed to his shout.

The temporary analyst is Maryanne, and she was not in previous seasons of 24.

Not sure who you mean – in season 2, Michelle’s rival was Carrie (a white chick), who had dated and screwed over Michelle’s brother. I don’t remember Michelle having any particular backstabber after her last season – Michelle spent the last 1/3 or more of the season out of the office (contaminated hotel, hostage, etc).

Larry Mudd: Oooh, yeah! Oooh, yeah!

Chloe: I can’t feel anything, you’re not doing it right.

Larry Mudd: Tell me how you like it baby!

Chloe: Oh forget it, I don’t have time to explain it to you. I’ll just do it myself. Where’s my vibrator?

Good call with the mask. I still think they should have waited till he saw the woman coming up to the station before he took it off. But it does make sense.

Just like it wouldn’t be 24 if most of the female characters weren’t totally unlikeable, and if there wasn’t a black woman who appeared to be Satan. Seriously, they killed Sherry off last year- did they really feel like they had to reincarnate her?

:::singing:::

I’ve grown accustomed to his shout…
He almost shot me once again
I’ve grown accustomed to the pace that he hits me in the face
His smirks, his scowls, his yells, his growls
Are so familiar to me now
Like gasping air and coughing blood.

I was running terror cells,
killing infidels, before we met
Surely I could be that be that way again, and yet…
I’ve grown accustomed to this lout
Accustomed to his fist
Accustomed to his shout

(The flood of blood pours mainy in the mud… ;))

Beautiful. I was hoping somebody who knew the song would come by and do that. :smiley:

Maybe we’ll find out later that she’s David Palmer’s new girlfriend… ::smirk:::

Heh – thanks, Marley.

Next up…

I could have killed all night.
I could have killed all night
And still come back for moooooore…

:wink:

All at once am I several stories high, knowing I’m satellite monitoring the street where you live…

One thing I was wondering… doesn’t Bauer’s super special car have a tracer he could have attached to terror-dude’s car? Instead he has to hold up the gas station? Well, I guess that makes for a more interesting episode!

Just be glad that Jack didn’t plant a small nuclear device on a nearby faultline, causing a minor earthquake and keeping everyone inside for a few minutes.

Is it just me, or are Curtis and Marianne the Muppet baby versions of Sherry and David Palmer?

I think not. Which is why she’ll soon, somehow show her true (good) colors. Because if they are going to bring back something evil, it should have been the mountain lion.

CTU is never going to end up on one of those “50 Best Places to Work” lists. Aside from the crappy lighting, useless meetings every half hour, incompetent psycho bosses, the CTU “deedle-boop” ring tone, a system that routes phone calls from the president to random desk jockeys rather than an admin, and shiv-based office politics, they probably don’t even get donuts in the break room.