24: Season 5: Episode 17 (11:00pm - 12:00midnight)

I like Jackoff Bauer.

Why not? It’s entirely possible that Evelyn told them that she had the tape, but refused to say where it was. Heck, even if she told them that it was stored at a particular bank, they wouldn’t necessarily know which safety deposit box it was in.

Or maybe they merely inferred that she had a tape. Who knows?

Somebody wanted them dead NOW. They couldn’t risk laying low for that long.

And don’t forget JAck’s over-the-shouldar conveyance of his small arsenal…

the Jack Sack. (Got it from FARK, thank/blame them.)
Omni- 24 is unfortunately no longer re-run on cable (or anywhere else). However, all is not lost… IM or email me for details.

I did. :slight_smile:
They should have given the bank’s address as something like 815 Maple Ave. or something like that…

I was thinking the same thing. They made it sound like Evelyn brought the evidence there physically, or at least that’s what Henderson was expecting. Maybe she had just been intending to bring them the safety deposit box key and the info on which bank.

Good point – without a nerve gas threat or any immediate pending doom, there shouldn’t be a time crunch on this, assuming that nobody else knows where the evidence is (which Henderson clearly didn’t, hence his need to find Evelyn). The only impending problem was Evelyn’s need for medical attention, but it would seem that Jack and Wayne, if they stayed with her, could keep her better protected and hidden until morning.

Roger Stanton, head of NSA, along with the breakaway army group (and the implication seemed to be that ) planned the thing under the assumption that the bomb wouldn’t go off. Sherry Palmer wasn’t a part of the government but worked with Stanton and helped obtain government info for the group. It wasn’t only the Islamist group and the corporate conspirators planning it.

Yeah, but it just feels like an awkward retcon rather than something planned on purpose. The explanation for Logan not telling Walt what he was doing seems tenuous to me.

That’s okay - the show’s still addictive. But they don’t always handle all the plot lines perfectly.

But this season ends at 6:59AM, and the bank probably wouldn’t open until 9AM. :slight_smile:

Jack should have just set a trap for RoboTerrorist by calling 911… then go to the bank after he’s taken care of. Also, I’m surprised RoboTerrorist didn’t suspect a trap, since the 911 call used Evelyn’s real name and he knew that Jack took her.

[QUOTE=Skammer]
I’m glad the writers are trying to tie up some lose ends… but … how did Henderson know that Jack was alive, in order to frame him for Palmer’s murder? And how did he know that Toney, Michelle and Chloe knew about it? Logan and Cummings both thought Jack was dead.]/quote]
I asked this last week. And even though it’s sorta conceivable that they found out somehow. Though with only four people keeping the secret, it’s hard to imagine how. If they’d told Kim that Jack was alive, she would have been telling everyone she knew, but they didn’t. So one of the four people must have let the secret out.

But then, had they succeeded, how would Jack ever have been implicated by the good guys? That’s the puzzling part. Kill all four people who know Jack is alive, and suddenly no one in the government will know he is anymore. How would they possibly connect the murders to Jack once the four people who knew he was alive were eliminated?

Also, why is Novick Logan’s Chief of Staff? Shouldn’t the fact that he was Palmer’s Chief of Staff hurt his political career with the other party?

NOOO!!

Sorry, I just like Evelyn. She was so cool at the beginning of the episode, helping Martha evade the White House staff. Poor dear.

Purview is my fiend. Purview is my fiend. Purview is my fiend.

I asked this last week. And even though it’s sorta conceivable that they found out somehow. Though with only four people keeping the secret, it’s hard to imagine how. If they’d told Kim that Jack was alive, she would have been telling everyone she knew, but they didn’t. So one of the four people must have let the secret out.

But then, had they succeeded, how would Jack ever have been implicated by the good guys? That’s the puzzling part. Kill all four people who know Jack is alive, and suddenly no one in the government will know he is anymore. How would they possibly connect the murders to Jack once the four people who knew he was alive were eliminated?

Also, why is Novick Logan’s Chief of Staff? Shouldn’t the fact that he was Palmer’s Chief of Staff hurt his political career with the other party?

NOOO!!

Sorry, I just like Evelyn. She was so cool at the beginning of the episode, helping Martha evade the White House staff. Poor dear.

I did notice the card on RoboCop’s dashboard, but……

It was the VP’s idea to impose marshal law, not President Logan. If RoboCop is working for Logan, and Logan alone, how would they have known to get cards to let them through roadblocks nobody but the Veep knew would be forthcoming? Is there a standard “Pass through marshal law roadblocks” card that you can keep under your seat for just such emergencies?

carniverousplant may have been yanking our chains with that. But yes. I pretty much have access to the entire city here during emergencies. All I have to do is show my hospital ID and police have to let me through. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

Actually, he was released before HS took over. He was permanently released by the nerve gas attack on CTU.
Poor Curtis.

They faked the security camera shot of Bauer.

I at first thought Wayne Palmer was a bad guy; his brother might told him Jack was alive.

Huh? Curtis died?

I swear he was in the very next episode.

Curtis is still alive, AFAIK. He was at the natural gas distribution center. Maybe he brought Bierko in.

He ain’t marked deceased on the web site, dude.

Moi? Whoosh you?
It is standard equipment for the Anti-Bauer and his Evil Minions.

Honest, he had a card on his dash.

triple post!

I thought the video game music gave the bank scene a goofy tone. Didn’t like it much.

Too bad about the bank guy. What will they do with the body? Wayne and Jack are going to have to answer to Mrs. Bank Guy. Or not. I was kind of surprised when Bauer started shooting Henderson’s men. He drew attention and gunfire to his party. I thought he was just going to use the diversion to just make a run for it.

Good episode!

Nope, there is no woosh here. There really was a thin yellowish card on his dashboard when they showed RoboCop talking on his cell phone while driving.