24: Season 5: Episodes 23-24 (5:00am - 7:00am) Season Finale

Wait, didn’t someone in a previous episode thread say that Jack would end up on a ship to China?

What the Hell was that?!??! You can’t end a season like that! That was worse than the season 2 ending! Ahhhhhhh!!

Although maybe next season we won’t be stuck in LA for once.

[spoiler]I’m guessing they jumped out of the “real time” for that last bit. That or the Chinese have teleporters.[/spolier]

The Chinese can get a freighter to sea faster than the Pres can, uh…

OK, Jack *was * Shanghai’ed by the Chinese. Pretty fast work getting him all beat up and on a cargo ship in five minutes, though.

Pretty unlikely, too, given that there were a few hundred LA Cops in the immediate vicinity and no one could have predicted that Jack would be there.  But what's one more implausibility?

Clearly the ship was already at sea and they transported him via helicopter. Granted, it was still a bit of the ol’ “24 time dilation” where no matter where you go, as long as it’s in or close to LA, it takes five minutes to get there.

January 2007!

I can’t wait that long! I’ll forget how much I was let down by this season by then.

So I wonder if next season picks up on the same day? Won’t anyone get a potty or shower break?

BWAHAHAHAHA! Good one…

I was thinking the same about the Prez earlier at the start of this hour. :smiley:

The Chinese have Jack alone, prisoner on a ship at sea, bound for the heart of China.
God help them. I doubt they will survive until January.

Except for the Presidential retreat. Took Jack 20 minutes to get there. This time, at least.

And it takes an F-18 a full 25 minutes to get around L.A. :wink:

He’ll rise up through the ranks. By next season, it will be another 18 months later, Mike Novick will be President, and Jack will be the top field agent for CTU (Chinese 'Terrigence Union), a secret agency in the Chinese government.

He’ll probably be on a mission to infiltrate the U.S.

Shades of You Only Live Twice and The Man With The Golden Gun.

I think it would have been pretty neat if Mrs. Logan wore a red dress to the casket receival thing.

And Jack couldn’t see something like this coming? It seemed a bit obvious.

I figure the ship will arrive in China a crewless derelict, like in Dracula.
Investigating government agents will fall victim to a mysterious, dark ninja figure that cuts their throats and leaves cell phones with inexhaustable batteries on the bodies…
The Governor General of the Province (or whoever the Head Bad Guy is) will receive a piece of kidney in the mail. “I are the other one with some fava beans and a saucy little chianti. It was delicious. Yours in Hell, Jack the Bauer.”

My favorite part was right after the submarine crisis was averted. (Thanks to the last American sailor who had conveniently memorized the layout of the Russian sub.) The port security, or LAPD, or whatever, pulls up and Jack basically tells the first guy, “I’m a good guy. All the bad guys are dead. Get me a car quick!” And the guy does it without asking a question or batting an eye.

Bon voyage J.B. Hope he’s got his passport in the Jacksack.

So Jack’s on a slow boat to China. Any bets on how long it’ll take them to get there? I’d say at least 20 minutes, 30 minutes tops.

Also, how freakin’ tired must Jack be to beg to be killed? I hope they let him take a nap soon. He needs a nice soft blanket and a couple of sleeping pills.

So. . . Audrey is still alive. Buchanan is back in charge at CTU. Logan is OOO (out of office). Aaron is in hiding (uh, you can come out now, Aaron!). Mike Novick has to train a new Prez. Jack is on a slow cruise, leaving everybody else to clean up his messes. But the guys with the phone thingies in their ears are undiscovered, still at large and able to make mischief again.

It was an altogether OK episode. Just OK. Maybe I’ll feel better about it when I really realize how long we have to wait for a new Really Bad Day to dawn.

Maybe they were the ones who tipped off the Chinese where Jack was around 6:45 AM.

Bummer of an ending. Not sure I am interested in watching next season.