24: Season 5: Episodes 23-24 (5:00am - 7:00am) Season Finale

Next time, after a 24 marathon session, Jack will have the presence of mind to check the secluded indoor phone nook for Ninjas before picking up. Like when he checks all reflective surfaces for assassins behind him…

I liked it. I like that he killed Henderson (and planned to all along). No wussy endings there. I saw the bugging of the President coming, but it was handled well.

And I think Jack on his way to China is a brilliant ending. That leaves the door open for SO many plots next season. And I was getting really tired of Jack being at CTU and tooling around LA. They need a break in scenery.

So next year, we could have everything from Jack becoming a brainwashed agent for China (or IS he?), to Jack breaking out of the Chinese hoosegow and discovering some dastardly plot, to CTU mounting a rescue op with black Bauer going in for Jack, to all kinds of things. Hell, we could have WWIII. That’d be cool.

They were running out of plausible plots for terrorists to be running around LA. By now, every terrorist agency would have figured that you don’t want to attack the city that has CTU, and they’d go after New York, or Diluth, or something. So I hope the series takes a completely different direction. A little international intrigue would be a nice change.

Oh, and let’s not forget that Secretary Heller is still alive. Put the Chinese government in the crosshairs, and suddenly the SecDef has a major role. We could see a lot of him next year. Should be fun.

I believe that Logan told the Chinese about Jack. Remember, last time he talked to earphone-guy, he said that Jack would be taken care of. And sure enough, he was.

I thought it was a so-so ending, but had a few great scenes. I loved Jack’s confrontation with Logan, even if it was a setup, as well as his confrontation with Henderson. And the first lady has got balls of serious steel. First she has sex with him to slow him down, and then she gives a masterful performance during his confession. She deserves promotion to the rank of True 24 Badasses.
The whole submarine thing was a letdown, though.
And why introduce Morris NOW? Will they build on that next season? What will Chloe have to do with Jack in China? Maybe there will be parallel LA and China plots, which will end up tying together? If they pulled that off, and well, it could be fantastic.
Great ending.

Why was there a working phone in an abandoned printing press? This was the only scene in 24 history where a cell phone wasn’t available.

Jack has definitely proved one thing this season: American security forces suck–especially “level 8” security which can be bypassed with a hooded sweatshirt.

It seems to me that the unkown “bad guys” who were pulling Logan’s strings are responisble for getting the Chinese the information they needed. I just want to know how they got into L.A. so quickly after the curfew was lifted (was it lifted?).

Well, I got the **GODDAMED MOTHERFUCKING SOOTHING MUSIC “YOUR LOCAL TV STATION IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR UPLINK. THEY’RE WORKING ON IT. ENJOY THIS SOOTHING MUSIC TO HELP YOU RELAX. SIRIUS CYBERNETICS IS THE HAPPY SATELLITE COMPANY.”

So, I only got it from :45 on.

Grrr…

They showed the pen too much. Obvious something was up with that.

Oh…and “Boris O’brien”? That’s right up there with Igor Hernandez!

-Joe

Chloe’s ex-hubbie is Morris O’Brien.

I don’t know whether I should envy him or pity him.

Morris really has aHarvey Fierstein kind of a thing going on. Explains the selling shoes in Beverly Hills bit I guess.

I didn’t like the fact that Logan had gone totally paranoid, to the point of patting down his wife and checking all her things for a recorder, but still manages to spill the beans for the umpteenth time. You’d think he’d get the idea to finally shut his trap.

I did like the fact that Jack pulled a Lethal Weapon move on Bierko. Killing someone by breaking their neck with your legs never gets old.

The bit with the Chinese was priceless, I liked the “You didn’t think we’d forgotten…” line. It’s almost as if that was thrown out directly at…us. :wink:

I liked Morris. I hope we get to see him next year. After all, there should be plenty of open positions at CTU after today. He could have Edgar’s desk.

At least they mentioned Wayne Palmer last night, that he wasn’t at the coffin ceremony. Guess he’s still holed up in Bill’s basement.

And we didn’t get to say goodbye to Curtis!

They really threw me off with Henderson. I had expected him to escape in order to cause mischief another day. Then he was killed in the first 30 minutes. Then, for some strange reason, he was shown in the Previouslies at the beginning of the second hour and even had his own freeze-frame. That made me think he was coming back, or would play an important role in the last hour. He didn’t.

Another person who disappeared was VP Gardner, although they mentioned that he would soon be sworn in as president. It would be nice to see him as Prez next year - I always liked Ray Wise.

Morris got to do Chloe. Envy him.

I figure if Jack and CTU can figure out as much as they do, why can’t China’s Agent Bauer do the same. I do take issue with the speed it took to get him on a ship at sea (not that they ever directly said Jack was on the ship…just strongly implied).

I thought for sure Audrey, who has her own ABC series next season, was a goner. Still, too many primary characters died this season, and if her show tanks, she can come back.

I wonder if anything will come of the Engineer witnessing Bauer execute Henderson?

I so much wanted to hear Bauer say, “You don’t know Jack!” to President Logan. He wimped out.

Did anyone time the President? Was he done in the time of a single commercial break? Must not be a Democrat. You know Kennedy or Clinton would last a lot longer…well, maybe not with their own wife.

Last question…will Buchanan get him some DHS tail? Talk about unresolved plot threads!

Did anyone else happen to catch the preview for the Waaaaaaaalt show coming up this fall on Fox? How did THAT guy manage to wrangle himself a show?

THAT makes more sense.

And I’d envy him. I see Chloe as the “Yes this is a booty call but no I don’t want to talk to you so let’s just do this” kind of woman (ie. perfect).

-Joe

I’d like to give a shout-out to the makeup person who designed and/or implemented Jack’s beat-up face at the end of the show! That was really a good job.

And now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on the finale (oof, not comfy!) I’m thinking maybe Jack will escape the evil Chinese (or the new Prez will negotiate for his release) and will go to Korea to deal with the really evil Kim Jong Il. Wouldn’t that be fun?

On second thought, they’ll bring him back to the USofA (CTU in LA to be exact) to put out the fires of some other silly plot.

Actually, that was the severance package for all the actors fired this season. They each got 5 minutes against a restrained Keifer. Cheaper than paying them or hiring a competent makeup artist, plus it adds a gritty realism that Keifer like to portray in his scenes.

Yeah, Lombardi’s got some weight behind a punch. That would hurt.

“There. We’re done.”

I didn’t catch that. THen again I’ve only seen seasons 1 and this one, (I need to hurry up and see what all the commotion is with the Chinese) so I’m not into all their tricks. Man, what does Jack NOT have in that bag of his?
I’ll go back on tape and see him slip it in there. I wasn’t sure if he did it or FirstLady did. But FirstLady must have known it was there by her leading questions as he was manhandling her. So does she get it on with Aaron Pierce now??

Breaking a guys neck with his legs?? I hope he gets some sleep on that boat.

Did Jack have the recording pen in his bag? It was my impression that it was brought to him by Chloe’s ex.

I wasn’t referring to Jack’s bag (aka “The Jack Sack”) so much as the fact that the camera folks were very deliberate in showing Jack take the pen off Logan and then Logan slowly and deliberately sticking the pen back in his pocket.

Anywho, nobody knows what’s in The Jack Sack. I don’t think anyone has even figured out how it magically appears now and then…only to disappear when inconvenient.

-Joe

How can a show so fundamentaly flawed as 24 still keep me so damn interested??

I loved the Henderson killing, reminded of Jack in season 3 killing Nina… “No you don’t” BANG!

Classic Jack, and the reason I keep watching!

Christopher Henderson (CH) was a seasoned ex-CTU agent, with presumably some kind of Spec Ops military background, as has Jack Bauer (JB). JB even noted that CH had trained JB.

Whenever JB is handed a firearm, the first thing he does is check the load. Why didn’t CH? For someone as paranoid as CH, that seems like the obvious thing to do.

Next, when did JB pick up Chloe’s taser? Did Morris bring it? Does anyone know where one can purchase CTU-issue tasers?

Lastly, was the girl Morris was flirting with ‘sexual-harassment girl’? I couldn’t tell.