3 texts in the Bible that have made you think

I use texts rather than verses because I don’t like the versificization of the Bible. You know, the I’ll see your verse and raise you two of my own. So I use the multi-purpose word text.

Now that we’ve got that out of the way, encouraged by the phenomenal success of this thread, I’m starting this one. Who knows, in time I may even rival Eve in terms of view-garnering and response-eliciting OPs?!

Anyway, down to business. Three texts that have made you think; not necessarily your favourite verses. Here are mine:

“Anyone who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” (James 4:17)

“If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.” (Luke 16:31)

“But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur.” (Revelation 21:8)

Each year on Good Friday I find Pilate’s words Quid est veritas? (what is truth?) pretty challenging when the Passion according to Saint John is sung (John 18:38).