7-11's marketing brilliance - choose your cup - choose your candidate

You mean like me? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: yourself.
Judging from the discrepancies between real polls and this one, there is a significant portion of McCain voters who don’t get their coffee at 7-11. The stores are more prevalent in urban and suburban locales, and that might be all it takes.
I shop at 7-11 plenty, I just think their coffee is crap.

Elitists don’t drink gas station coffee.

Obama’s base is clearly underrepresented!

Mormons don’t drink coffee, so this statistic clearly excludes most of the state’s voters.

For some time Shakespeare’s Pies in Newtown (now Jesters) used to do an election pie recipe for each candidate. I recall expecting the Kim Beazley to be full of fat but it was quite healthy.

Wait a second…you mean the 7-11 coffee cup poll may not be an accurate representation of the actual vote?

You guys crack me up. So serious…

:smiley: smile

:cool: just be cool

i c wut u did there

Not by all that much if you compare the national averages between this one (currently Obama: 60% and McCain: 40%) and your so-called “real” polls like these (currently Obama: 48.5%, McCain: 41.6%). Obviously, I’m not claiming the 7-Eleven cup poll is any kind of accurate, but there’s no question the general trend is consistent with reality. Of course, even “real” polls have frequently failed to accurately predict the outcome.

I go to the 7-11 just down the street. Here is a little context of where I live…the “White House of the Confederacy” is less than 6 miles away. The “Dixie Days” festival takes place nearby, and when David Duke of KKK fame came to town to protest something-or-other, he chose my county. Yay us! :rolleyes:

I get my coffee and as I pay I ask how the cups are “stacking up” (I kill me, heheh). The lady said, “Well this morning it is about 10 for McCain, and you are #62 for Osama bin Laden.” (insert stale cigarette cackle here)

I give her a blank stare, then say, “That is so wrong”.

The other clerk says, “No - she said it right!”

So Obama is doing well with local coffee drinkers, but not so well with convenience store staff.

What i’d like to see:

Two candidates, one cup.

Think about what you’re saying, man!

• Citizens for the Responsible Use of Mind Pictures

But, when you mix red and blue, you get purple, not brown.