7 Jan 2021 and beyond - the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol

Pretty sure they don’t allow furry, horned headwear in Federal prison.

Just thrilled that the DOJ is using the time-tested tactics of starting from the bottom, working your way up, which… checks notes… allowed the Mob to exist for 80 years.

Should be fine as long as it’s an organic, vegan prison.

That’s OK. It’s the idea of the furry horned headwear that’s important. As long as you hold to your shamanic ideals, you can simply imagine you’re wearing the headgear, and it will suffice.

When the Federalist Society Director of the FBI shrugs and says he really doesn’t see a clear connection between Trump’s election loss and the January 6th insurrection attempt, you know it’s hopeless.

And yes, he really said that.

He need to be fired. I know that in theory it’s a non-political position, but Chris Wray’s appointment was never non-political, it was a compromise - a political appointment that was just neutral enough to be approved. Bill Barr called all his shots —- as long as he did whatever Barr said, Barr would make sure Trump didn’t fire him for not arresting Comey and Hillary.

And the intelligence failures on January 6th constitute a fireable offense, in my opinion.

They have no intention of ever even looking at anyone that helped instigate January 6th — frankly, I think if it weren’t for public pressure and the robust efforts of citizen sedition hunters, they wouldn’t have made any arrests - for parading or trespassing or whatever watered-down misdemeanors they are charging.

Exactly, Ann. Hell, I’m not linking to the thread again, but we did a better job of tracking the then-upcoming coup than the damned intelligence services.

And… what exactly is there to ‘roll up’? We watched it happen! We know who did what!

But, no… the Shaman guy is going to get his punishment while the people who organized the Shaman guy is delaying until the 2022 elections where… if the D’s lose either the House or Senate… this is effectively over and they have beaten the rap by organizing an attempted coup with zero repercussions whatsoever.

This kind of goes to my point in this Pit thread, where Biden did the easy “pay off the plutocrats” shit like channel another trillion dollars into corporate pockets, but completely ignored the John Lewis VRA and other democracy-defending initiatives, letting them die in the House/Senate.

The Democrats are in a possible situation where they go from controlling the three elected ‘branches’ of our government to being outlawed in 10 years… and, if this occurs, 2021 will be identified as the last year American democracy could have been saved… and the Democrats couldn’t, wouldn’t, save it.

I personally have more blame for the voters who did not show up than the politicians that they didn’t elect.

41 months for the shaman:

Good. Now he can join the chorus of insurrectionists crying about the conditions of their new homes. I wonder, sarcastically, if they’ll take this concern with them after they’ve done their time.

Of course. They will always be concerned about “their” anything.

Oh, you meant “concern about others in prison,” didn’t you?

Never mind.

Would the ten months he’s been in count as time served?

yes, he’ll get credit for time in custody pre trial.

This. I’m sure we all know the saying (commonly attributed to Churchill), “In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve.”

And that doesn’t just mean the Republican voting people who voted, it also means the Democratic voting people who didn’t bother, as k9bfriender says. We (collectively) have only (a) Republicans and (b) ourselves to blame.

Democrats cannot fail only be failed.

FWIW, a ProPublica investigation claims to have found proof that Kimberly Guilfoyle was involved in fundraising for January 6th.

Another smoking gun to throw on the pile of smoking guns that the FBI refuses to look at, because they’re too busy arresting people for parading without a permit, or something.

I wonder how January 6th would have gone down had Democrats not won control of the new Senate on January 5th?

FWIW, my assessment on the morning of January 6th was that the Georgia election loss raised the chance of mass violence from 50% to 90%. The biggest miscalculation I made in my assessment was I didn’t think the violence would start until the evening.

“Did something happen on January the 6th?”

My biggest was that the defenses of the Capitol would be so inadequate.

How do you know they aren’t investigating? Nor does the FBI “arrest people for parading without a permit”.