7 Jan 2021 and beyond - the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol

My reading of the notes on the above seem to indicate that there is no upper limit to the amount of the potential fine, subject only to the Supremes reading of the 8th Amendment.

READ: Seditious conspiracy indictment related to US Capitol attack - CNNPolitics

here is the indictment.

I read it as pleading guilty to the crime of “picketing in the U.S. Capitol while holding a beer can”. And wondered why there was a law against such a specific act…

Sure sounds like there was a conspiracy. What a bunch of loonies, dangerous loonies

they did have nifty monikers. always important to have a moniker or 2. hatsy and bilbo are a bit cutsy…

Trying to control the “hold my beer” epidemic.

'Cause he’s always pudding you on?

I’m hoping that the 10 who are currently facing charges of seditious conspiracy will be squeezed as hard as possible to give up information on which specific politicians - Congress or Senate or other - gave them material or any other support for the sedition.

Maps, tours, money, transportation, written encouragement, and any other support.

Then move up the line and add more names to those charged with conspiracy.

Officers said they found a loaded Mossberg .410 caliber shotgun and a Gamo pellet gun inside the truck, as well as a Remington Nylon 66 .22 caliber rifle and a Connecticut Valley Arms .50 caliber muzzle loader, both of which were unloaded.

That’s heavily armed? Shit, I have better weaponry than that in my bathroom!

That’s a collector’s item now. I wish I’d bought one back in the '80s.

Ha! Same here. A .410 and a .22? That was my arsenal when I was ten. Even the rabbits weren’t scared of me.

LOL, :sweat_smile: :grinning:

I have to say that that is a pretty pitiful armory with which to start a revolution. .410 shotgun? Good for rats, slow stupid birds up close, snakes. .22 rifle- squirrels, rabbits, etc. Those are varmint guns- small varmints. Mind you- I would not care to be shot with either.

A Muzzle loading rifle? That is gonna hurt, but the reload time is long.

But I see they’re giving clemency on the parking.

Let’s not be hasty.

The plot thickens.

All because I misread ‘Hatsy’…

Getting arrested for assault while waiting to sentencing in an insurrection trial probably isn’t the best look.

As the article in the Arizona Republic is paywalled, I’m going to post some of the fun parts here:

*Far-right social media personality Tim “Baked Alaska” Gionet, who is facing federal charges related to the U.S. Capitol riot, was sentenced Thursday in a separate criminal case to 30 days in jail for assaulting a Scottsdale bartender in December 2020. *

*Scottsdale city prosecutors had asked for six months in jail, the maximum allowed under state law, calling Gionet “lost” and “a danger to society” after he was found guilty of misdemeanor charges of assault, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass. *

*But Scottsdale City Court Judge James Blake said six months wasn’t appropriate because this was Gionet’s first criminal conviction. Blake said he went “back and forth” during the court hearing as to whether to sentence him to 60 or 90 days in jail and ultimately settled on 30 days. *

*Gionet’s mother, Susanne Gionet, described her son to the judge as someone who grew up making films at a young age, someone who cares about other people. *

*“He’s been a delight,” she said. *

*On the night of the assault, she said her son was getting thrown out of a bar and “was talking back and forth. That’s his strength — to talk back and forth with people. It got out of hand, and he got traumatized,” she said. *

*Scottsdale police reports say Gionet and three friends were inside the bar livestreaming video and making customers uncomfortable on the evening of Dec. 10, 2020. Security told them to leave. *

Police said the three friends left. But Gionet refused and got into an argument with an employee on his way out, police said. The employee pushed him out the door, and Gionet pulled out a can of pepper spray and sprayed him twice in the face.

Gionet told police he believed the employee was advancing toward him. He said he feared for his life and sprayed him after being shoved.

He was arrested after being interviewed, and a release agreement he signed prohibited him from leaving the state without court permission. But a month later — without telling the court — he went to Washington, D.C., where he was seen interviewing people on the street on Jan. 5, the night before the U.S. Capitol riot. The next day, he livestreamed from inside the historic building as thousands of people overran Capitol Hill and drove lawmakers into hiding.

I think it’s great that this idiot now has an assault record, it will make sentencing on the Federal crimes easier.

One wonders what she means by “talking back and forth with people” and why she sees it as a “strength”.

And how he got “traumatized.” Did he get slapped with facts?

^ Ooo, that’s gotta hurt.

Good! I’ve been saying for months that charges of sedition, and seditious conspiracy for any two or more in identifiable groups, fit the facts of the Jan. 6 rioting perfectly. Glad the DOJ now agrees.